Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Monday, March 16, 2015

Pi Day Pies!

Saturday was Pi Day because it was the fourteenth day of the third month, so numerically it would be written as 3.14.  It was extra special this year because it is 2015 which brings it out two more decimal places.  I'm not really that big of a math geek, but I'm always on the look-out for an excuse to eat pie!  We had Ham Pot Pie for dinner, but I didn't get any pictures of that.  I'll have to take some and post the recipe another time because it was delicious!

Chocolate Pudding Pie and Peanut Butter Pie both made in Oreo cookie crusts!
Esther was the first to notice that the pies were out of the fridge.
Eleanor quickly joined in on admiring the tasty treats!

Peter says, "I want to eat those - NOW!"
They were incredibly yummy, but I did a horrible job of cutting and plating them.  Needless to say, I didn't take any pictures of that!  There was just a bit left over for us to all enjoy a forkful on Sunday, too.

Our adopted seminarian, Spencer, joined us for Pi Day.  They sat around for the longest time brainstorming ways to prank people for April Fools Day. 



And then they got out Apples to Apples.  There was so much laughter - such fun!


This week is a busy one filled with dental appointments, Living Stations performances for the big girls, and a visit from Grandma Pam.  And I suppose we should try to squeeze in some schooling, too!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

1 comment:

  1. Your pies look amazing!!!!!
    And we have the dentist this week too!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!