Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Our New House! (and other stuff)

After over 5 years of trying to sell, moving, renting, and being in a state of limbo, we are building a house!  We're set to close in about a month and have not begun to pack, although it helps that we never really fully unpacked when we moved into our current rental!

I'm sure I will have more to say in upcoming posts about the house and move, but for now, here is a picture I snapped about an hour ago....so exciting!


Yesterday, I saw Joseph and Peter sitting on the driveway watching the garbage truck - such a boy thing to do!


A Lenten tradition in our house on Fridays is to make cheddar cheese pretzels.  This is the first Friday that it's worked out for us to have time to make them.  This year, I just took out the cookbook and put the big girls to work.  They doubled the recipe and there were none left over.  I guess we'll need to triple it next time!


Eleanor is reading pretty well and is interested in chapter books.  I got the Magic Tree House series from the library along with the audio book for her to listen to while she follows along.  Much to my surprise, Esther is more interested in the stories than she is!


We're having our adopted seminarian over to celebrate "Pi Day" this afternoon.  We've got Chicken Pot Pie and Ham Pot Pie for dinner and Peanut Butter Pie and Chocolate Pie for dessert.  Should be a good time!

Enjoy your weekend!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!!!!!!
    Keep posting pics, ok?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Very exciting on the house! Hope your dinner went well with your adopted seminarian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful new home it will be for your family! Please keep us posted. I'll look forward to more photos.
    The supper with your adopted seminarian sounds wonderful! I hope it went well. Seminarians are the best! We have a few favorites around here :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!