Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June Recap

This past month has flown by.  I have been checking in periodically to read some of your blogs, but just haven't found the time to post.  So here is a massive dump about what June has been for the Kraft family.

Todd and I went to the MN Catholic Home Education Conference...without any children!  Madeline and Haley both took the babysitting certification class last summer and have been practicing up their skills over the winter.  They watched the children for two whole days and nothing burned down!!!  Seriously, they all did a great job and it is a huge milestone as parents to be able to have children old enough to babysit.  Whoo-hoo!

If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you'll know that we've been trying to sell our home for the past 3+ years.  Our realtor advised us from the beginning that most clients require granite and hardwood in the kitchen of which our kitchen had neither.  We didn't want to put any money into the house that we were trying to sell, so we just left it.  Fast forward three years and we decided to take her advice.  We put in the granite and hardwood, painted accent walls throughout the house, and removed any personal and religious items from the home.  She staged the heck out of it and I must admit that it looks amazing! So far...no serious lookers.  But, it's only been re-listed for 15 days.  I'm hoping and praying to sell soon so that we can be moved by the fall and the start of the new school year.

Our kitchen before with linoleum flooring and laminate countertops.  Looks nice, right?

We let the kids take Sharpies to the flooring the night before the wood floor  installers got started.  They loved it and let their creativity flow!

The kitchen after with wood flooring and granite countertops - looking even better, yes?

Do you see all those pretty plates precariously placed throughout the kitchen?  

Because we re-listed the house and it is beautifully staged, I decided to take the children to North Dakota for a week.  It's tough to keep a house (full of breakable items that belong to your realtor!) looking clean and uncluttered with 7 children.  My mom and dad graciously agreed to let us take over their house for 8 days.  The entire trip went remarkably well.  Other than the fact that Peter whines and/or cries every minute that he's strapped into his car seat (did I mention that it is 8 hours of driving time?), the entire trip went off without a hitch!
I celebrated my birthday in Minot!

The kids got out golfing with Grandma Eileen a few times.

I took the kiddos to the indoor water park.  It was a ton of fun!

Todd rode the train and joined us on Saturday.  Here is surrounded by his adoring children on  Father's Day.

We came home for two days and celebrated Madeline's 13th birthday in the morning and headed out to Camp Lebanon in the afternoon.  We were there from Thursday evening until Sunday afternoon.  There were some crazy storms that passed through.  Two cabins had a massive tree uproot and fall on top of them!  Luckily, nobody was hurt.  We had a fabulous time and the children played and played.  Lillian and Peter had some weird virus over the weekend with high fevers and body and head aches.  Lillian slept the better part of two days and Peter cried a good portion of that time.  However, they are both back to normal and I am thankful that it was a short-lived illness!

Happy 13th Birthday Madeline!

Esther and Eleanor on the pontoon.

The big girls spent hours and hours in the lake.

Todd helping Eleanor with a sand art project at craft time.

Our next big undertaking is opening our home to 5 extra children for a week.  Our dear friends are heading down to Texas to visit her mother and asked if we'd take 5 of their 7 kiddos for the week.  The children are over the moon excited to have them!  It should be interesting with 12 kids for a week.  I'll let you know how it all goes!

And just like that, June is over.  It has finally heated up and feels like summer.  I know that July will fly by just as quickly. With so much going on, I know that I won't be posting much.  I decided to do periodic posts and spend more time just enjoying summer.

God Bless!

Heather :-)


15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Heather, for taking the time to post! It was so fun to "catch up" with you and your family!! Good luck in selling your house, and with a house full with 12 children! If anyone can do it, YOU CAN!!! Wishing you all well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had "12 in a bed" for 24 hours and that was do-able...not sure if I could do that for one week!! You are like, the best-est friend in the whole wide world!!! Ok, so your kitchen looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! I do pray that it is sold, but that you have a good month afterward to live in it and enjoy it! We will add this intention to our prayer list. Happy birthday to your sweet 13 year old. May God bless her abundantly throughout this year. Good to see you post, and the kids are looking grown up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate your prayers. And I agree that the kids are looking more mature...it happens much to quickly, don't you think?!

      Delete
  3. What a month! Didn't June just fly by? I loved your kitchen before, but it's even better now. Beautiful. I want to cook in there :)

    Hope your July can slow down a bit for you to enjoy the summer and praying that your home sells very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over and whip something up in my kitchen...it's always open!

      Thanks for the prayers.

      Delete
  4. Love your kitchen redo! Prayers for a quick sell and a peaceful July for you all! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, your kitchen was beautiful before, but now, it looks like it belongs in a magazine!

    I'm sure you've already prayed the St Joseph novena...we sold 2 homes on the 9th day of the novena. I'll pray for you too. I didn't know about the 3 years thing, wow--when it sells and you move, what a relief!

    I hope little Peter is feeling better, he's such a sweet baby!

    Love all the family photos you got, they are all great!

    Heather, it was so nice to meet you and your beautiful family! Bridget looked at the pictures and said, pointing to Eleanor, "sees my fend too!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all so happy to call you "fends" as well. Looking forward to the next time we can get together!

      Delete
  6. I forgot to add--that floor coloring--how cool is that? You win the coolest mama ever!! Have to remember that! (if we ever re do our floors)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really loved doing it! Now, to make sure that my little Esther doesn't get any ideas to draw on the new floor! :-)

      Delete
  7. Now I feel extra self-conscious knowing my kids will be living in that gorgeous kitchen for a week! I hope they don't wreck something for you guys. Thanks again for taking in our kids....they are uber-excited!!!

    Did I mention the kitchen looks GORGEOUS?!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace. We're scratching our heads over here as to why it hasn't sold yet.

      Ditto on the excitement level over here! See you on Saturday!

      Delete
  8. So many wonderful things in one little month! Great photos of the family. Gorgeous kitchen. I'm sure the kids had a blast coloring on the floor. When I saw it, I thought, "Why didn't I think of that?!" Our kitchen got redone this past winter, and I could have let them go to town in it!
    We had three extra kids for four days last week. It really wasn't hard, except I found out that between my two and the extra two 4/5 year olds, they can make one serious mess faster than I ever imagined. Praying for fantastic weather while they are there so everyone can stay outside all week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!