Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Day!

Wow!  A whole month just flew by without so much as a post from me.  I've been keeping busy with the children, home schooling, keeping up the house (sort of!), and of course loving my baby boy.  He is doing well and growing like a weed.  He is fussy at night and desires his momma...as if I could say no to him!
Today we had some friends over to help us celebrate May Day and kick of Mary's month in style.  My friend Karen brought over some crafts for the children which were a hit.

Then each of the children put a flower into a vase for Mary and we sang "Immaculate Mary".

Lunch was next.
Star sandwiches were a hit...they especially liked eating the sandwiches that had the star missing from the middle!

Blueberry muffins

Tortilla chips which loosely resemble a crown.

Apples for Mary being the new Eve who brought the Savior into the world.
Blue and white mint chocolates.
Blue and white frosted cupcakes for dessert.

Then they all went outside for some "recess".

What a wonderful way to start the month.  I hope that you all had a great May Day!

My little man is calling for me...hope to post more later.  Joseph celebrated his First Holy Communion over the weekend.  It was fabulous!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! We didn't do much specifically for May Day. We enjoyed a trip to the kids Schola Cantorum and played outside. And then everyone came down with a resperatory illness! The weather finally gets nice and we're coughing again! Your party looks like it was so much fun. I think I'll start planning one on paper and have one as soon as we're better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I will have to think of this for next year. Instead the kids mentioned a May Pole which I quickly told them was a pagan custom and how May Day comes from English pagan roots! Instead of thinking of Our Lady I quickly went to the naysaying. Sheesh! I'm happy to hear you are more positive than me.:) Good job, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great May Day, Heather! So lovely to bring Mary into May Day as well. Great snack ideas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary Month of May blessings to you, Heather! So glad to hear that you and that newest little guys are doing well. What a lovely party to honor our Blessed Mother...I need to get crackin with our May Crowning plans...It's coming up soon! Enjoy this beautiful month, honoring Our Lady:)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!