Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Thursday, January 9, 2014

So many things....

The  past 6 weeks have flown by in a whirlwind of busyness, sickness, and celebration.  We packed the house, moved everything 55 miles, and settled into our rental home.  We battled stomach flu, coughs and colds, and influenza.  We celebrated the Advent and Christmas seasons as best we could and sent those well enough to Mass when we could make it.  Ahhhhh....it really has been nuts around here!

We have went almost a week without a doctor's visit or anyone vomiting and I think that I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!  I am really eager to start having friends over and venturing out of the house again.

I am recovering from influenza slowly and am more tired than I can remember being in a long time.  Not sure how much of it is pregnancy related and how much is the sickness taking a toll on me.  I had my 20 week appointment today and the doctor is running some tests to make sure there isn't anything lingering that needs to be addressed. 

Back to the 20 week appointment.  All you moms out there know what happens at the 20 week appointment, right?  The ultrasound!  Todd, all seven of the children, and I went into the ultrasound room all eager to meet our baby Cheeto.  Yes, that is the "baby in the belly" name for this pregnancy.  We were happy to see that all is developing as it should and my due date matched up with baby's growth.  How about a picture?


Beautiful, yes!?!  I laid there with a stupid grin on my face for the entire 45 minute ultrasound.  Todd took the children home after the technician told us the gender.  What's that?  You want to know the gender of the baby?  Oh, I don't know....should I tell you?  Okay...Baby Cheeto is a...BOY!!!  I wouldn't have guessed it in a million years. I just assumed, with the 5 girl to 2 boy ratio in our family, that Cheeto was another girl.  I'm sure you can imagine that there were some cheers and a few tears.  I am so happy that we have the next 4 months to prepare our home and hearts for another little blue bundle of joy!

That's all I have the energy for now. I'm off to read a bit and go to sleep.  Please keep Cheeto and I in your prayers that all continues to go well and I get some energy back to give to those other little people who need me!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

8 comments:

  1. What a surprise to find your newest post, of just today, when I checked for news as I do almost daily. Sorry to hear of all the illness at your house, but am happy that everyone is "on the mend" and will say many prayers for you and baby Cheeto!! Good health and happiness to you all! Love - "Great" Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your prayers! We are hoping for good health and are all so excited to welcome baby Cheeto in a few months!

      Delete
  2. Heather! So happy to hear from you...and congrats on that sweet baby boy!!!!

    Prayers that that yuckyness is gone, you can all relax and enjoy the anticipation of a new little soul!

    Glad to see you here, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I think about you all and have many posts in my head, but just don't have the time to sit and get it done. Hopefully I'll be able to post a little more often.

      Delete
  3. Blue is my favorite cover! Congratulations, Heather! You have certainly been busy. What a terrible time to be sick...and the whole house. Praying that was the end of it and that you get your strength back soon. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....blue! It's starting to sink in and the great name debate has begun!
      Thanks for your prayers and I'm hoping that we've all turned a corner and are on the mend.

      Delete
  4. Yay!!!!! So happy he's healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I had no idea you had your ultrasound and found out the sex of the baby. I stopped following all of my blogs for this year and decided to check in on people every now and then. There's just not enough time in the day....as you well know.:) Congrats to you, too! We're still holding out for the super bowl. Hopefully, we'll all be well and can get together. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!