Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

St. Valentine's Day Recap

No...still haven't had the baby.  We've just been keeping busy with school and celebrating Valentine's Day.  I'm definitely running a little low in the energy and enthusiasm department.  But, not to worry.  The children more than make up for anything I lack!

I did make some festive heart shaped cinnamon rolls which were super easy...just my speed these days!


A little pink smoothie to add some nutritional value to breakfast!
A dear friend called to ask if they could stop by to drop off some Valentine's and treats for the children.  I'm glad she gave me a little heads up.  It gave us time to whip up this Valentine for their family that I found over at Catholic Icing.

It's hard to read in this picture, but John 3:16 is written through the word Valentine which is the true definition of love!
The children had scavenger hunts, played games, exchanged Valentines, and ate so much sugar I though that they might burst!

Madeline helped make these peanut butter blossom cookies which turned out amazing!  We typically make these at Christmas with Hershey's kisses in the middle, but in honor of St. Valentine, we used Dove chocolates instead.  The kids had a heck of a time keeping their hands off to let the chocolate firm up!


Grandma and Grandpa Kraft sent them cards with a some money to buy themselves a Valentine treat. They decided to pool their resources to purchase a Dairy Queen ice cream cake.  Have you priced those things out lately?  Man, are they pricey!

Thanks grandma and grandpa!  And there is still more for dessert tonight!
I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow afternoon.  The plan, for now, is that I will be induced on Tuesday morning.  Of course, that is all dependent upon there being room for me since it is a purely elective induction.  If Tuesday doesn't work out, then we'll shoot for Thursday.  Your continued prayers are greatly appreciated.  I'll keep you posted!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

6 comments:

  1. you all had a great St. Valentine's celebration. and that beautiful banner...just something you whipped up?? it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love Dove chocolate!!! And how smart they are to put their cash-o-la together to buy the ice cream cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless your family as you wait for baby. I love the happy Valentine Pictures. I now want cinnamon rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful big Valentine you whipped out for your friends! Love how you adapted the heart Dove chocolates for those cookies...We make those too so will have to remember that:) Our children's energy is what I love about having a big family. Mine sure keep ME going! Prayers continue from now until we hear your joyful news!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful, loving Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather, I need your email address to send you the Shaking off the Bonds of Lent document, leave m a comment with your address and I won't publish it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!