Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Sunday, February 12, 2012

What's the Best Breastfeeding Pillow?

With less than 2 weeks to go, I am beginning to think about what life with a newborn is like.  This morning, I was struck with memories of the first weeks of breastfeeding.  Last time, I vowed to get a better start.  But with a house full of children and sleep deprivation, I did not.  My problems is always that I don't hold baby up tight against me which results in cracked nipples and a whole plethora of other problems.  My nurse last time put it into words that made sense to me.  She explained that my last recollection of nursing was with a toddler who could latch on in her sleep. A newborn baby doesn't know what to do and I have to teach him.  We have at least 25 pillows in the house and I always try to make due with what we have only to fall into the same problems with baby properly latching on.  This time, I don't want my thriftiness to get in the way of a successful start to breastfeeding.


So, my question to all of you mamas out there is this:  What is the best breastfeeding pillow on the market?  I picked up a Boppy today because they were on sale, but am not at all attached to it.  I would love to hear what advice you all have.

Thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

8 comments:

  1. I used the Boppy when Joe was a newborn and it worked well for us. I do know a lot of moms swear by the pillow called My Brest Friend. Good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a Boppy with all the kids. I honestly never shopped around after having that one pillow. I even bought a new cover for it around kid 3 or 4...I forget.:( Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry! I found BF pillows awkward. I liked my squishy living room pillows that could be folded to fit "just" the right way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just have enough time to stop in and let you know that I'm still keeping you in my prayers! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's one out there that has a strap that velcros around your waist. I think it's called My Breast Friend. It's awesome!...I ditched the Boppy when I found this one and used it for my last 2 children. Keeping you in my prayers for your final count down:) God bless you, dear Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! My Breast Friend is fantastic. I needed lacation support and went to the hospital with Thomas. My problem was I am so long waisted, and the Bobby would not stay in place. My Breast Friend can be strapped tightly around your waist or a little higher if needed.

    Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What about the boomerang nursing pillow? Very versatile and comfy.. Getting one on Friday..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not heard of the boomerang. I ended up getting the BrestFriend and LOVE it! Peter is 6 months old and I still use it for night time feedings to keep him close to me and in position. It was a great investment!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!