Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Sunday, February 12, 2012

What's the Best Breastfeeding Pillow?

With less than 2 weeks to go, I am beginning to think about what life with a newborn is like.  This morning, I was struck with memories of the first weeks of breastfeeding.  Last time, I vowed to get a better start.  But with a house full of children and sleep deprivation, I did not.  My problems is always that I don't hold baby up tight against me which results in cracked nipples and a whole plethora of other problems.  My nurse last time put it into words that made sense to me.  She explained that my last recollection of nursing was with a toddler who could latch on in her sleep. A newborn baby doesn't know what to do and I have to teach him.  We have at least 25 pillows in the house and I always try to make due with what we have only to fall into the same problems with baby properly latching on.  This time, I don't want my thriftiness to get in the way of a successful start to breastfeeding.


So, my question to all of you mamas out there is this:  What is the best breastfeeding pillow on the market?  I picked up a Boppy today because they were on sale, but am not at all attached to it.  I would love to hear what advice you all have.

Thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way!

God Bless!

Heather :-)