Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Pro Life Prayers

It's been 2 weeks since my miscarriage.  For the most part, I have more good moments than bad.  I am laughing and enjoying life more than I am grieving and crying.  Today was the day that my Pro Life group from church was scheduled to go and pray outside of a local hospital that performs abortions as a part of the 40 Days for Life Campaign.  It took about an hour to get there.  When we got there, my daughters and I said a rosary and then we had some quiet prayer and reflection time.

The thought that I can't seem to wrap my mind around is that there are women who CHOOSE to force a miscarriage on their body.  One of the most painful (physically, emotionally and spiritually) things that I have experienced and wouldn't wish upon anyone is considered reproductive health care in our country.  I don't know how to process that.  I can only pray for all those promoting and selling the lies of abortion, that they will have a conversion of heart.  That was what I prayed for today in my quiet prayer time.


Haley and Madeline were so happy to be there.  They both commented about how quickly our hour passed by and that they would like to go again.
Along the same pro-life topic, our family is taking part in a walk for a local women's clinic.  The kids are super excited!  It is only 2 miles which is totally do-able for the whole family.  I encourage you to try to find a walk in your area.  It is a great way to get out in your neighborhoods and communities to fund-raise and raise awareness for the pro life cause.
Also, have you taken notice of any of the pro-life billboards that have been popping up around the country?  And have you heard the buzz that they're creating in the mainstream media?
This billboard features an image of President Obama and was up in Chicago.
Thatsabortion.com sponsored this billboard.  You may be interested in checking out their site.
This billboard was up in New York City.
I have written about the disproportionate numbers of abortions that occur in the African-American population previously.  I think this is a super effective visual to make that very point.

Wow - I could go on and on.  There is so much happening within the pro-life movement.  We have so much progress to praise God for!  But there is still much work to be done.  Abortion has been legal in this country for 38 years and millions of defenseless mothers have allowed their children to be slaughtered.  We must make our voices heard and stand up for the rights of the unborn.  Pray for the courage, wisdom and compassion to be an effective tool in this fight.

As a side note, we had yet another showing this morning but it appears that they are not interested in buying our house.  Please pray for someone to make us a fair offer on our home so that we can be done with this phase of scrambling to get the house ready to show.  We've been at it for a year now and it is getting tiresome.  We feel so pulled toward this other church with a great home school ministry and would really like to get closer so that we can be more involved.  We are invoking the intercession of  St. Joseph and St. Paul.  Your prayers would be so greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the hard work in the movement. Way to go in not just teaching by words, but by actions as well. God bless! (Still praying for you at this time.)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!