Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Celebrating Black History While Understanding the Present

I'd like to invite you all to visit a wonderful website.

www.blackdignity.org

This is from the home page of their site:

Black Dignity

In America today, almost as many African-American children are aborted as are born. A black baby is three times more likely to be aborted as a white baby.

Since 1973, abortion has reduced the black population by over 25 percent. Twice as many African-Americans have died from abortion than have died from AIDS, accidents, violent crimes, cancer, and heart disease combined.

80 percent of abortion facilities are located in minority neighborhoods. About 13 percent of American women are black, but they receive over 35 percent of the abortions. 

Check it out.  Their goal is educate and provide alternatives and resources to those facing crisis/unplanned pregnancies.  Most importantly, continue to pray for all the vulnerable of our society...especially the unborn who have no voice other than ours.

God Bless!

Heather :-)


2 comments:

  1. These statistics shocked me when I head them at our city's March for Life. Worse, I did not see any african american people in our small march (about 1200 people).

    I'm a new follower from Catholic Mothers Online. Please stop by and return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I took a quick look at your blog and will be back when I have some more time. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!