Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Supper from the Frozen Foods Aisle

I used to have an idealized vision of what it would be like to be a full time mom.  The laundry always caught up.  The house always clean.  Home cooked dinners every night.  Occasionally these things do happen, but, sometimes life gets busy.  For those times, I like to have something in the freezer that makes supper time easy for me.  Every now and again, I get really organized and do a big bulk cooking day and fill the freezer with home cooked meals.  That hasn't happened for a while. 

Todd and I really enjoy PF Chang's restaurant.  But it is pricey and a quite a drive from our house, so we don't get there often.  I was intrigued when I saw this in the freezer section at Sam's Club a few weeks back.
I have yet to try anything that I didn't like from PF Chang's, so I thought we'd give it a whirl.  Last night, I put some rice in the steamer and heated up the frozen orange chicken and veggies.  It was really yummy.  I'll let Esther show you how good it was.
Yes, she actually licked her plate clean.  Kinda cute when a 1 year old does it!
One of these days, I'll actually post a real recipe that requires me to do more than steam rice and heat up a frozen meal.  I'm actually a decent cook and usually enjoy preparing meals for my family.  But having an easy and tasty meal was great...and I'm okay with that!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

5 comments:

  1. We have one in town. I've never stopped there, but I love Chinese food...Korean food can be a bit hot (spicy) for me. I'm talking, really hot.

    Glad you are perking up. With time and God's grace things start to appear brighter...but don't rush your feelings. I still have moments...even days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally try out PF Changs!

    I definately still have my times where I am overcome by sadness. Mostly when the children are all in bed and the house is quiet. But my days are much better - praise God for that! Thanks for your continued thoughts, prayers and advice. Have a great day, friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious, just the other day we had a frozen PF Chang's orange chicken! Only it was a skillet one with rice in it. It was good! We have days where I don't feel like cooking and we make a frozen skillet meal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather! You're a winner:-) Stop over and see:
    http://familyatthefootofthecross.blogspot.com/2011/04/bloggy-anniversary-winners.html

    Be sure to e-mail me with your mailing address. Thank you and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Heather!
    I've never heard of PF Chang's. Oh gosh, I hope you don't think I have been living in a bubble because I haven't heard of it! :) LOL!
    I'm so glad you stopped by my blog post about Apologia Science so I could hop over to your corner of the world and "meet" you! I just checked out your Krafty Kreations and love what I saw! That's is so awesome that you have your own business that highlights your creativity! I read a little about you and your family! What a beautiful family you have! I also read some on your Family Foundations link and I liked what I read. Maybe I can do this next year with my family as I will be preparing my daughter for her First Communion next year. I am now following you and I'm sure I'll be back to visit! It's always so nice to meet other Catholic homeschooling moms! God bless!
    Tracy at "A Slice of Smith Life"
    http://www.asliceofsmithlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!