Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

5 Favorites - From the Hearts at Home Conference



This past weekend, my husband and I traveled to Illinois for the 2014 National Hearts at Home Conference.  I think this is the fifth time we've been vendors at this conference.  It is a lovely gathering of thousands of Christian women who are working to truly set motherhood as a priority in their lives.  It is so refreshing to be surrounded by all those mothers striving to raise their children to know, love, and serve the Lord!

As I mentioned, we were there in the capacity of a vendor.  We had our booth decked out with gifts for infants, children, and mothers and had overall good sales.  I thought I'd share with you some of the most unique products that were available.

The owner of this lovely business and I worked out a swap for products.  She took home some toys for her children, and I received an ever-blooming rose necklace.  You really have to check out her website to understand how totally cool this piece of jewelry is!  This creative lady has integrated a natural flower from the Judean Desert in Israel into a pendant.  It has been on our kitchen counter opening and closing for the past 3 days.  You must check this out! It would be the perfect gift for that hard to buy for person on your list...and it has a great message behind it, too!

Onto a completely different area.  We used to have a huge, lovely garden in our old house which we filled each spring with seedlings and cared for until harvest time.  Our rental house, however, does not have such a space.  I have been thinking about container gardening as we'll only be here for one growing season.  But, then I found this - the Tower Garden!  According to the sales representative, Arrine, this was developed by a man working at Epcot.  It was a system that he used while employed there and then mass produced it when he moved on.  Take a peek at this system!  It is pricey, but they do offer a payment plan which makes it more affordable.  I think this may be out of our budget for this year, but I am definitely keeping it in mind for the future!

This handbag company is amazing!  It is the brainchild of a woman, Kim, who has become a friend of mine over the years.  I enjoy visiting with her at the Hearts at Home Conferences and am always amazed at the variety and quality of her products.  The bags are 100% constructed in Ohio - no "made in China" labels to be found on anything from Varu!  If you are in the market for any type of handbag, do yourself a favor and check out what Varu has to offer!

This is another business where I have become friends with the owners, who are expecting their first child just a month before our baby is due!  Their whole business centers around celebrating marriage and family...how cool is that!  The have a wide variety of t-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, and have recently expanded into sweatpants which all carry pro-marriage messages.  Take a peek at their website and you may just find an anniversary gift for your hubby or a unique wedding gift.

My daughters recently opened an etsy shop where they sell their yarn creations.  Madeline and Haley worked up some products for me to sell in my booth at the conference and they almost sold out!  The ladies were clearly impressed with the high quality of workmanship and the affordable prices.  Of course, I am a bit biased, I completely agree!  My daughters have some mission trips coming up this summer and are trying to earn enough money to foot their part of the bill.  If you are in need of anything yarn-related, check out their etsy shop. They are working to restock it as I sold most of what they had last weekend.  If you are interested in a custom order, they can do that too.  Just send a convo and work out the details.

Sorry for not including pictures...I'm just happy that I got a post done!  I'm at 30 weeks today and this little baby is consuming more and more of my energy.  Thanks for understanding about the non-flashy post. Please, check out a few of these small businesses.  You'll be glad you did!

Hop on over to moxiewife for more 5 Favorites!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love all five of your favorites! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you have a chance to click on a few links and check them out. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That necklace sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Keep it in mind the next time you have a difficult person to buy a gift for!

      Delete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!