Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mark Your Calendars!


Get out your calendars and mark off May 30-31, 2014 for the Minnesota Catholic Home Education Conference and Curriculum Fair!  My husband and I have been attending this fabulous event for the past 5 years and look forward to it all year long.  I am especially excited about this year's keynote speaker, Dr. Meg Meeker.  Her talk on Friday evening will be on her book Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters. Saturday morning will be just as powerful with her seminar on the Ten Habits of Happy Mothers.

Dr. Meg Meeker
Registration has not yet begun for this event, however, I wanted to create a bit of a "buzz" about this wonderful conference.  I cannot say enough positive things about it!  Take a peek at the list of vendors who were there last year.  It is so convenient to be able to shop for all of my curriculum, parenting, faith, and gift needs all in one location.  And the owners of the shops are typically on hand and can answer any of my questions or offer advice on the many and varied curriculum choices available.  The speakers, workshops, and vendor presentations have something to fit all levels, from the beginning home educator to the seasoned veterans.

There is much, much more. Please visit their website for details to read up on this event.  Oh, I almost forgot to mention that for Friday afternoon, breakfast Saturday morning, and all of Saturday the registration is only $25 per person!  So you and your hubby can have a mini-getaway for $50!!!  Or have a girlfriend weekend with your gal pals! Registration is set to begin in March, so check back on their website and take care of it online - easy-peasy!

Have you been there in the past?  If so, leave a comment letting me know how it went and if you'd recommend it to others.

God Bless!

Heather :-)

PS  I am really hoping to be able to make it this year.  Little baby Cheeto is due right around that same time, so we'll see! :-)

8 comments:

  1. We go every year and LOVE it! One of my highlights as well. Three years ago I had a baby the day before the conference started. I was so bummed I missed it, but a good friend picked up my books I needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear that it is a highlight of your year as well! I am hoping to make it this year...time will tell! :-)

      Delete
  2. I went one year and we stayed in dorms..it was wonderful, but by 9am, right after Mass Sat morning, I was like, "OK, I miss my family, let's go home!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should give it another try and just go for Saturday. That way you would only be gone one day and wouldn't miss the family so much!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Meg Meeker and her books! I would love to see her in person :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmm...maybe a good excuse to head up north for a long weekend to meet some bloggy friends?!? Most of the snow should be gone by the end of May! :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, Meg Meeker! I surely don't want to miss it. Hubby and I go each year as kind of a 'date'. We've only been going for Saturday as it seems to work better with leaving the kids. Hmm...may have to reconsider this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can make it work, try to get there for Friday night too. And don't forget to spread the word to all your friends about the great speaker line-up this year!

      Hope to see you there!

      Delete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!