Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!

My girls have a cycle with their hair-do's.  They grow their hair for 2 years and then we braid it, cut it, and send it in to Locks of Love(Here's a link to last year's cuts.)  Eleanor, an aspiring big kid, desires to do all that her big sisters do.  She has really only had her hair trimmed and never had a "real" hair cut.  I must admit, that I have had a lot of fun playing with her hair.  She's the kind of kid that doesn't even squirm when you pull a little too hard on a snarl or accidentally brush over her ear.  She'll let you do whatever you want and has a sense of adventure.  For instance, take a peek at this hair style.

Just ignore the dazed look on her face...focus on her hair.
I called it "giraffe ears" but others at camp called it "Princess Leah Hair".  She didn't care in the least that it was a bit different and had fun with it!

So, it was with a heavy heart that I agreed to cut her hair today.  She's been talking about it all winter.  When summer comes, then I'll cut my hair to give it to a kid that doesn't have any. As you probably heard, summer started last Friday.  So, what are we waiting for? No second guessing.  Get the scissors and chop, chop!

Braided and ready to get started.


One down, one to go!
 

So happy with her new 'do!

It is taking some getting used to, but I think that I like it.  And the beautiful thing about hair is that it grows back!  Eleanor spent a lot of time this afternoon touching her hair and shaking her head.  I love how adaptable kids are.  It's just hair.  No big deal.  I think that I could learn something from these little people God has surrounded me with!

God Bless!

Heather :-)


4 comments:

  1. SO cute! My daughter did this once when she was younger. The shorter haircut really changes the way the girls look, doesn't it? I keep asking her to do it again, I loved it so much, but she doesn't want to. She plays soccer and doesn't want it getting in her way when she plays. Long hair = buns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hair cut, Eleanor! You are so beautiful . . . inside and out!!! What a wonderful thing you have done for another child somewhere!! Enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Eleanor!! You look adorable!! Maybe mama can make little giraffe ears? Eleanor, you'd be cute no matter what!

    I think you friend Linda called them "Fairy antlers" or something like that....

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Way to go on the hair donation. We know how hard it is to grow it out and then cut it off.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!