Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My Five Favorites!

This is my first time linking up to Five Favorites.  I enjoy reading what so many of my bloggy buddies like that I thought I'd join in on the fun.




(1)
Emjoi Micro-Pedi - This thing is worth its weight in gold.  I have tried everything to get rid of my dry skin on my feet...I won't even bore you with my 30 year quest to rid my feet of dry, itchy, yucky skin.  Instead, I'll share this thing with you.  It's kind of like an electric sander for your feet.  But, it doesn't hurt.  It is a bit gross to see all the dead, flaky skin that falls off your feet.  However, that's just something you have to put up with to get super soft, flip-flop ready feet for the summer.

(2)


Space Bags - I just put away 11 pairs of snow pants, 10 winter coats, and countless pairs of gloves and mittens along with oodles of scarves and hats.  Due to the space bags, this all miraculously fit into 3 storage totes.  They are a bit pricey, but are cheaper than buying more storage totes and are crazy fun to use.  Perhaps my kids need to get out more, but they were all fighting over who would get to suck the air out of the next one!

(3)
Extreme Couponing - Have you watched this show?  We don't have cable and haven't for many years, so I didn't even know what all the hub-bub was about.  I recently noticed that it was on Netflix and I'm always looking for something to watch when I'm doing my time on the eliptical machine.  So, I watched an episode and I'm hooked. I think most of the folks on there are wacky hoarders, but am fascinated by the idea of feeding my family for next to nothing.  We'll see what happens!
 
(4)


Star Gazer Lillies - My adorable husband brought me home a bundle of fresh cut lillies for Mother's Day.  Of course, I didn't take an actual photograph for you to see. I wish that you could smell my kitchen this past week as they opened.  I just tossed the last of them today.  There's just something about fresh flowers that makes me smile!

(5)
 
Teaching Textbooks - The MN Catholic Homeschool Conference is a week away and I'm planning my purchases for the upcoming school year.  While I am very happy with and use Saxon math up to the 6th grade, I switched to Teaching Textbooks for 7th grade on up.  I have been very impressed with the throroughness of the program and enjoy the automatic grading feature.

Hey, that was kind of fun.  Take a look over at Moxiewife.com for more Five Favorites.

God Bless!

Heather :-)

5 comments:

  1. Fun post :).

    I have always wondered if the space bags were worth it. Thanks for convincing me that they are!

    Also, now I shall go to Netflix and check out Extreme Couponing :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! Off to explore your links... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a couple of those couponing shows...long time ago...thought the same thing you did, crazy hoarders. But you gotta love the ones that donate all they get!!

    I love fresh flowers too!

    We didn't like Teaching Textbooks, my kids got behind that year. Switched back to Saxon...Not going to the conference....wish I could meet you sooner, I'll have to wait til camping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...that pedi thing a ma jig...I'm going to put it on my wish list!!! Thanks for sharing, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!