Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Monday, January 16, 2012

Slow Cooker Italian Creamy Chicken

I tried out a new crock pot recipe today that I copied out of some cook book well over a year ago.  I think it was one of the Fix It and Forget It series, but I'm not quite sure.  Anyhow, I changed it up a bit and cut out ingredients our family isn't fond of and added a bag of frozen veggies.  It turned out super yummy and it really couldn't be any easier.  Let me know what you think.


Slow Cooker Italian Creamy Chicken
Ingredients:
8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I used 3 large breasts and cut them into thirds)
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
1/4 cup water
8 oz package cream cheese, softened (I used non-fat)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables


Directions:
1. Place chicken in greased slow cooker
2. Combine salad dressing with water and mix.  Pour over chicken.
3. Cover. Cook on Low 4-5 hours.
4. Remove chicken and shred.  Return shredded chicken to crock pot.
5. Dump bag of frozen veggies into remaining liquid in crock and stir.
6. In saucepan, combine cream cheese and soup.  Heat slightly to melt cream cheese. Pour mixture over chicken and veggie mixture.
7. Cover and cook on Low for one additional hour.

Serve over noodles or rice.


God Bless!

Heather :-)

2 comments:

  1. I've tried this one before. Ha ha ha...never had a chance to try it with my queasy stomach this pregnancy. The kids said they liked it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love this one too but great idea to add the frozen veggies! Thanks for sharing... I love Crock recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!