Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mom, you look pregnant.

A couple months ago, my husband and I were sitting at the dining room table talking with our eldest daughter.  There was a lull in the conversation and she looked at me quite seriously and said, "Mom, you look pregnant."  I glanced at Todd quickly and said, "You know that is an incredibly rude thing to say to a woman, right?!"  Todd changed the topic of discussion without missing a beat and the rest of the evening went on without any further focus on my mid-section.

Well, the irony of the situation is that I WAS pregnant.  Yes...I AM pregnant!  We were holding off on saying anything because of our miscarriage this winter.  We are expecting blessing #7 at the end of February and couldn't be more excited!  The children are super pumped about my growing belly and the thought of a new baby coming into our house this winter.

We give each of our children in-utero names so that we don't have to keep referring to that baby as "it" or "baby".  This time around, we chose Baby MacGuyver (we're watching re-runs of that 1980's hit on Netflix) and Esther has shortened it to Baby Guyver.

I've had two ultrasounds and one general check-up where I heard the heart beat.  The sound of a baby's heart beating inside of me is something that I never get tired of listening to!  I am feeling really well and have only petty things to complain of - so why bother?  I would appreciate your prayers for a strong and healthy baby and an uncomplicated delivery this February.

God Bless!

Heather :-)

5 comments:

  1. Yay! What exciting news Heather! I'll add you and baby to my fridge prayer list to join the other moms and babies I'm praying for.

    Glad to hear you and baby are doing well. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Heather! Wonderful and blessed news. Prayers from the Koop family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful news, Heather!!! We will keep this pregnancy in our prayers. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new baby is always great news! We will keep you both in our prayers. Congratulations and showers of blessings to your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to all the Krafts! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!