Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mom, you look pregnant.

A couple months ago, my husband and I were sitting at the dining room table talking with our eldest daughter.  There was a lull in the conversation and she looked at me quite seriously and said, "Mom, you look pregnant."  I glanced at Todd quickly and said, "You know that is an incredibly rude thing to say to a woman, right?!"  Todd changed the topic of discussion without missing a beat and the rest of the evening went on without any further focus on my mid-section.

Well, the irony of the situation is that I WAS pregnant.  Yes...I AM pregnant!  We were holding off on saying anything because of our miscarriage this winter.  We are expecting blessing #7 at the end of February and couldn't be more excited!  The children are super pumped about my growing belly and the thought of a new baby coming into our house this winter.

We give each of our children in-utero names so that we don't have to keep referring to that baby as "it" or "baby".  This time around, we chose Baby MacGuyver (we're watching re-runs of that 1980's hit on Netflix) and Esther has shortened it to Baby Guyver.

I've had two ultrasounds and one general check-up where I heard the heart beat.  The sound of a baby's heart beating inside of me is something that I never get tired of listening to!  I am feeling really well and have only petty things to complain of - so why bother?  I would appreciate your prayers for a strong and healthy baby and an uncomplicated delivery this February.

God Bless!

Heather :-)