Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dilly-Doo Turns 6!

Today our Lillian celebrated her 6th birthday!  Because of our Birthday Bash celebration, we don't have individual parties for the children.  But don't think for one moment that our children are deprived of the birthday experience.  With 6 children, birthdays are a pretty big deal in our house.  It seemed more like Christmas than a birthday when Lillian was opening her gifts this morning.  Her older sisters went a little nuts and she made out like a bandit!  She enjoyed playing with her new toys throughout the day and then we went to the pool as a family this evening.  Finally, we came home and had some birthday cookie cake and ice cream...the perfect ending to the perfect day in the life of a newly-turned 6 year old!

She's opening the hat that Madeline crocheted for her with her favorite colors and a flower on it.
Posing with the chocolate chip cookie cake that she decorated with some help from her big sisters.
After blowing all of her candles out she smiled and said, "I can't tell my wish or it won't come true!"  Wonder what it was?!
I know I say this with each of the children as they celebrate another year of life, but I can't believe how quickly it goes by.  I was just laying with Lillian on her bed telling her the story of her very first birth day.  It seems like yesterday.  All of the sudden she's 6 years old...how does it all happen so quickly?  God willing, we'll all be around to celebrate many more!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your little sweet heart! I love the age of six...and missing teeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is SO anxious to lose some teeth...which reminds me that I need to make her a tooth fairy pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless your Lillian on her 6th birthday...Wow, that chocolate chip cookie cake looks delightful. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!