Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

10 Tidbits About My Best Friend


I am sooooo behind on this, but have had fun reading about everyone else's hubbies...so here it goes.

1)  We grew up in the same town, but he was 3 years older than me and attended the Catholic school (I went to the public schools), so our paths didn't really cross.

2)  In high school, I worked at a Dairy Queen.  There was this tall, skinny kid that came in with his buddy a couple times a week.  All I remember about him is that he ordered the exact same thing each time he came in...a large peanut butter crunch blizzard, extra peanut butter, extra crunch.  Years later, we still laugh that I was the girl behind the counter who knew to start making the blizzard before he even ordered it!

3)  We met "on-line" way before it was cool, fashionable, or common.  Todd was dared to get someone to "talk" to him via the inter-university computer system.  As chance would have it, he chose my name from all those logged on.  To make a long story short, he won the bet and made contact with me.

4)  During our courtship and engagement, we never lived in the same city.  He was in Fargo, ND and I was in Minot, ND for the first year.  After that, he moved to Minneapolis, MN and I stayed in Minot.

5)  We dated for a year and were engaged for a year.

6)  We were married for just over a year when we found out that we were expecting our first baby.

7)  He is a problem solver.  I over react and tend to be a bit overly emotional.  Together, we balance each other out perfectly!

8)  He has the most unique sense of humor.  I still, to this day, don't know when he's telling the truth or pulling my leg.

9) He enjoys golf and is quite gifted at it.  I've never made it off the driving range and couldn't hit the ball straight if my life depended on it.

10) He loves me and the children unconditionally.  He puts God first and then takes care of our every need.  We'll be married for 13 years this July.  I am truly blessed to have him as my best friend!

Thanks for the encouragement to share about our better halves.  Take a peek over at Betty Beguile's blog to read more love stories.

God Bless!

Heather :-)

1 comment:

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!