Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Meal-in-a-Bowl Soup

This Lenten season, I decided that we needed to make the atmosphere of our home a little different. More simple. One of the ways I've instituted that is by having soup for supper. For the most part, the family has been good sports about it.

We've tried new soups and enjoyed our favorites. This soup is one that I posted on Instagram and had some inquiries about what it was. So, here it is! I added more veggies - shredded a large carrot, finely diced 2 stalks of celery, and used a large onion. Otherwise, I followed the recipe pretty much as is. I cannot remember where I found the recipe to give credit. It tastes kind of like a soupy version of spinach/artichoke dip which is one of my favorites.

I'll try to get some of our other favorites up on the blog. Happy eating!


Meal in a Bowl Soup
Ingredients
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
large onion chopped
1 large clove garlic, crushed
6 cups chicken or vegetable broth (I used 2 boxes of Aldi broth which is 8 cups)
6 ounces fine egg noodles (I used 1/2 bag of Aldi egg noodles)
6 cups milk (use whole milk, skim will make your soup watery)
2 - 10 ounce packages frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1/2 pound shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 pound shredded Swiss cheese

Preparation
In a large soup pot, heat oil, and saute chopped onion and garlic over medium heat until tender. About 5 minutes

Add chicken broth and bring to a rolling boil.

Gradually add noodles while the liquid continues to boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes.

Reduce heat and add milk, spinach, and shredded cheeses. Heat thoroughly until hot and cheeses are melted. DO NOT BOIL.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!