Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sickness, Baby Love, and New 'Dos

The past few weeks have flown by in a blur of sickness.  We've had ear infections, sinus infections, walking pneumonia, bronchitis, high fevers, body aches, coughing, sneezing, and just all around misery.  It came to a head last Sunday when the fevers sky-rocketed in three of the children.  We took all last week off from school and just focused on getting better.  Of course, there were two dance rehearsals and recitals late in the week that couldn't be missed...but other than that we laid low.  So, many doctor visits and a few prescriptions later, we're back at it this week!  It feels good to be back in our routine.

Little Peter is 3 months old already!  He is cooing and smiling up a storm.  He is beginning to sleep better at night and will usually have 5-6 hours of sleep before waking to nurse.  He has outgrown his first set of clothes and has moved into size 2 diapers....I wish babies didn't grow so fast!  Needless to say, we are all smitten with our littlest man!

I couldn't get him to take his eyes off of the ceiling fan!
After their dance recitals, Madeline and Lillian both decided to cut off their hair and donate it to Locks of Love.  My girls are so laid back about their hair.  We pulled it back into a low ponytail and braided it.  Then I got out the scissors and chopped it off.  They are both quite happy with their new 'dos and I think they both look adorable. Perhaps I am a bit biased!

Lillian before....

and after!

Madeline before...

and after!

I'm hoping to get back into routine here and do a better job of posting more regularly.  I spend a lot of time sitting and nursing the baby, so I have many thoughts going through my head.  Now if I can just get some time to type them out...I'm sure you can't wait!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

1 comment:

  1. Praying for good health to flow through the hallways of your home!! That can be so very, very difficult when Mom has a houseful of little sick ones. The girls look great with their new haircuts! Our Mabel is about ready to donate her hair as well. Tell them we said, "Well done!" PS - Baby boy is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!