Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Thursday, May 2, 2013

The President and Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood Federation of America President Cecile Richards and President Barack Obama

Perhaps you heard that President Obama gave a speech at the Planned Parenthood National Conference last week on April 30th.  While it is no secret that the President is an advocate for abortion rights, I was actually surprised at how honest he was about his dedication to "standing with" women in defending their right to choose.  Citizen Link does a pretty good job breaking down his speech, and I recommend watching this 10 minute video.  Here is another article about the President and his relationship with Planned Parenthood along with a little bit of history about the organization.

Of particular interest to me was how he ended his talk.  He asks God to bless Planned Parenthood...what?!?  How and why does he believe that God, who is the creator of all life, would bless the efforts to destroy pre-born babies?  It gives me a headache trying to wrap my brain around that one. 

Recall how I recently wrote about the importance of language in this whole abortion discussion?  See if you can find anywhere that the President actually uses the word "abortion" in his speech.  He doesn't!  However, he does use "womens' health care" and "right to choose" very freely.  Let me translate that for you.  It's code for abortion and contraception.

While I'm on the topic of Planned Parenthood, I thougth I'd share this with you too.  The American Life League tried to take out a full page ad in the New York Times and Washington Post to make parents aware of the Sex-Ed materials that Planned Parenthood is using with children as young as 10 years old. The ad was refused because it was "too graphic" and "shocking" for the adults who read those newspapers.  Take a peek at the ad for yourself.  I have to warn you, though, I had to bypass my decency filter on my computer a number of times to actually view the materials.

You need to know that Planned Parenthood has an agenda.  Please do your due diligence and make up your own mind about what that agenda is and whether or not you want your children and family to be a part of it. Set aside some time to read up on the history of Planned Parenthood and its foundress, Margaret Sanger. It may also be worth your while to take a peek into all the companies that support/fund Planned Parenthood and discern whether or not you should continue to purchase goods and services from those companies.  Did you know that the American government gives over $480 million dollars in taxes to Planned Parenthood?  We all pay into that system.  Is that really a prudent use of your tax dollars?

God Bless!

Heather :-)

1 comment:

  1. Great post Heather. Oh, my gosh--that ad, made me sick to my stomach....grossed me out and I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

    Obama's "God bless PP" statement, is a plan to trick the nation, into thinking it's all good. Tricking the world into thinking evil is good.

    Do you and your family do the PP Boycott? (Human Life International puts it out) The website is: fightpp.org

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!