Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Thursday, November 17, 2011

One of those days...

Yesterday was one of those days.  One that just doesn't seem to happen all that often.  You know, the type where almost everything seems to fall into place.  The little children all keep busy and don't create any major disasters in the house.  The older children obediently and cheerfully complete their work with minimal bickering or complaining.  We made it to all of our various classes and lessons successfully and on time.  The house seemed to run as a well oiled machine.  Those kind of days just don't happen very often around here. 

As I fell asleep last night, I praised God for giving me the gift of that day.  As my alarm went off, I woke up with a smile on my face....really!  I needed that day to help me remember the JOY in this vocation of motherhood.  I realize that today may not run as smoothly as yesterday, but I will recollect the peace and happiness that we all felt yesterday and try to live in that moment rather than the frustration and irritation that typically creep into my heart as I struggle with our daily schedule not going according to my plan. 


God is so good!  I needed that day yesterday and He knew that more than I did.  I pray that God may bless you with "one of those days" when you need it most.

God Bless!

Heather :-)

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you. Gotta just love those days. It's like be refueled!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!