Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Spiritual Advice on Planning


Did you ever get a mass e-mail sent to a group you were in that seemed to be written specifically to you?  That just happened to me tonight.

It's no secret that I am anxious for our house to sell so that we can move closer to the church where our home school co-op is located.  We've had the house on the market for over a year and I can't even begin to count how many showings we've had in that time (although I can tell you that it's been 2 this week so far).  I've been feeling "stuck" in this wait for a showing a run around like a chicken with my head cut off to get the house clean mode for so long.  I've been doubting whether or not God is listening to our prayers.  I've been wondering why are we still here and not where we'd like to be.  It's a frustrating and exhausting place to be....mentally, physically, and spiritually. 


From Fr. Edward Casey brother of Venerable Fr. Solanus Casey whose cause for canonization is active:

"Your plan may prove to be sublime, if you'll await God's own good time:  We cook up plans but turn them ill with too much flavoring of self-will.  If this idea comes from Heaven, be patient: it will grow like leaven.

God condescends to use our powers, if we don't spoil His plans by ours...We do God's work best when we obey, and crucify self-will each day.

We know this well.  Then why refuse? Why balk at orders? Why abuse?  The cause is clear--our vain self-will insists on acting, good or ill.  We fear men won't appreciate the wisdom we might formulate.

We seek God's glory, not our own? Then let us honor Him alone.  No matter if I preach or pray, or sweep the floors or mow the hay, the angels watch, to recompense my loving, prompt obedience..."

I am trying to resign myself to God's will for us...it's not easy.  Please keep me in your prayers as I work harder to give my life to God and trust that he will do what is best for our family.

God Bless!

Heather :-)

4 comments:

  1. Praying for all of you. I was wondering what happened with the Sunday showing.:( My heart sinks every time I think this is it and yet you're still waiting. In God's time, it will happen.:) Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, friend - please know we are all praying for you, too. God will do what's best for you, in His time. We pray that will be soon, even tho you'll be sorely missed around here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies - I do trust in God's timing...I just wish that He'd give me a quick peak at His planner! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Heather!

    If you haven't already, you may want to check out my blog post from yesterday. You're my giveaway winner!! Email me your mailing address and I'll get your prize off to you :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!