Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today was my birthday.  Birthdays are a big deal in our house.  The children brought me breakfast in bed.  It took every ounce of strength I had to stay in bed as I heard them clanking around in the kitchen downstairs.  To their credit, the kitchen looked amazingly clean when I came downstairs!  They brought me up toast, fruit, milk, and scrambled eggs with a candle in them!  Then they sang to me and I made my birthday wish which I cannot tell or it won't come true.  (hint:  it has something to do with the house selling so that we can move before the new school year begins!)

Cold scrambled eggs and toast...every mother's dream breakfast!
I got cards in the mail, phone calls from family and friends, and a good friend who brought by cupcakes for the kids and a smoothie for me...I am so truly blessed!  The kids also wrapped up their gifts for me and had a great time watching me open them.

Getting ready to open gifts from Joseph.
Madeline gave me holy cards for St. Benedict and St. Mary - the names that we gave to our babies that we miscarried earlier this year.
Check out the giant card Madeline and Lillian made for me!
We went to Mass which I was dreading a bit because my hubby is gone this weekend.  Little Esther is crazy busy and unbelievably loud...a bad combination for making it all the way through Mass.  We had a little family meeting this morning and I told the kids that all I wanted for my birthday was for them to be on their best behavior at church.  They were fabulous!  I didn't even have to leave and take Esther to the back...thanks Ann for sitting with us and helping "supervise" the bigger kids!

After church, we picked up take and bake pizza for supper.  I had a coupon for a free cookie pizza due to my birthday, so we made chocolate chipper sundaes for dessert.  Life is so good!

Ready to make my wish...what could it be? 
 God Bless!

Heather :-)

PS  I got a call from my realtor that a gal phoned her directly saying she wants to look at the house tomorrow.  She's been following the house for over a year (yes, it has been on the market THAT long!) and wants to see it.  You think this could be my birthday wish (that I did NOT share with anyone!) coming true?  Time will tell.  Prayers are greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Heather!!!! It looks as though you had a wonderful day filled with so many little blessings. Praying for that wish of yours!

    PS My word verification was Blessi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read your comment on my blog and thought I'd stop on over.Nice to meet you. Looking forward to reading more from you Heather!

    ps. Happy Belated birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty - the showing went well. They really like the house, now the question is can they get a loan? We have another first showing tomorrow. I'm SO ready for this stage of our lives to be over!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!