Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our house has never looked better....

As I was just vacuuming upstairs, my husband walked by and said, "Honey, the house has never looked better."  My reply, "Yeah, but we don't get to live in it."

We have another 2 showings today.  I know.  I know.  I've been praying and asking for prayers that our house will sell and it can't sell if people don't look at it.  BUT - we're never at home anymore. And when we are here, we're trying not to get the house dirty so that we won't have to spend another 3-4 hours cleaning.  So, we get the house spic and span and then leave for the day.  That's really no way to live.

The couple that made an offer on our house was way off.  We're already priced at $87 a square foot and they wanted us to come down another $30,000.  Then their agent says, "I thought your sellers were more motivated."  Motivated - yes.  Desperate and ready to give the house away - no. 

It is such a sellers market right now.  Everyone knows somebody who got a smokin' deal and that's what they want as well.  I don't blame them.  We'll be looking for a good deal when it's our turn to buy, too.  But, what's missing here is the concept of paying a fair price for a good product.  We custom built this home 6 years ago and have lovingly taken care of it and added on.  There is so much greed and selfishness out there, it's hard not to become discouraged.

So, we continue on residing in this beautiful home that we can't live in.  I gotta run...there's a showing in half an hour.

God Bless!

Heather :-)

2 comments:

  1. Been there (on the sellers end.) I found the whole process quite insulting in fact. I just want to look the prospective buyer in the face and ask, "really?!" Hang in. Sounds like things are moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. insulting - that is a good word! We're trying to stay positive. There is a prospective buyer...now to wait and see if they can get us a fair offer!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!