Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Camp Lebanon 2011

Our family spent last Thursday through Sunday at Camp Lebanon.  This was our family's second visit there - you can see last year's trip here.  The weather was beautiful, the company was friendly, the food was fabulous and abundant...we could not have asked for anything more!

Eleanor got a chance to drive the pontoon with dad!
If you look really closely, you can see the fish on Eleanor's line
Joseph doing a little leather work at craft time.
Lillian taking her turn at some leather work.
You can't go wrong with Play-dough!
Joseph and Lillian on a hike with Mom and Esther in the stroller.
A few of the girls enjoying the s'mores and camp fire.
Haley and Dad at breakfast - check out all that yummy food! 
We had a water fountain right outside our room - we always new where to find Esther!
I can always count on Haley to help out! She's bringing our stuff outside for Dad to load up for our return home.
Hmmm...as I look at the pictures, I realize that I didn't get that many of Madeline and Haley.  They were off on their own much of the time, playing board games with friends, swimming in the lake, or fishing off the dock.  They really enjoyed their freedom, but came to my aid whenever I needed some help with a little one.  We spent much of our time just walking around and exploring.  Eleanor and Esther spent hours picking up rocks from the dirt road and throwing them...who knew rocks could keep a 3 and 1 year old entertained for hours!?

I think the reason I look forward to this week so much is that there really isn't much to do.  The only think you have to do is show up for meal time, or you miss out.  The rest of the time is spent however you want.  Nowhere to go and nothing to do - makes you slow down and just enjoy God's creation.  I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend with my family!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely time you must have had! Thank God for happy vacations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! This camp is near my hometown and I've always heard good things about it, but just haven't ever gone myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather~ This looks like an amazing camp and so beautiful. How wonderful to get this great family time! Have a blessed holy hearts weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, what a fantastic camp. Glad you had that family time!

    P.S. our trip south...oh, we have 17 hours trips to the in-laws down. But that is going where it is cooler :) We've never driven so far south - in the heat. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!