Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Table Cloth Protection

I love having table cloths.  They are a cheap way to "decorate".  I love how they can easily dress up the dining room and change with the seasons.  My problem with table cloths is that they are cloth.  And cloth needs to laundered when it gets dirty.  I have a family of 6 young children which would mean a new table cloth after each meal - no thank you!  I could use the "wipe-able" plastic table cloths, but I really like the look of cloth ones.  What to do?  About 8 years ago, I bought some clear vinyl from the fabric store in a piece big enough to fit over the table cloth and hang a bit over the edge of the table.  It works great!  Now I can still have my fabric table covering and wipe-ability all in one! 

I recently changed out my plastic piece.  Eventually it gets too used and it really doesn't wipe clean any more.

Here's the roll of vinyl from Jo Ann's.  It has a paper backing so that it doesn't stick to itself.
Here's my Halloween table cloth with its new protective plastic on top - ready for business!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Wish that I could take credit for it, but I'm sure that it wasn't an original thought and I stole it from somewhere...just can't remember where!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!