Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Exaltation of the Cross

Today is the feast day of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross which is a time where we really celebrate Jesus' triumph over death.  We reflect on how the cross is the instrument of our salvation.  Wanting to make this meaningful to the children, I got a few ideas for some crafts over at Catholic Icing (really enjoy that site!) and decided upon the first one using the oil pastels.  All the kids made one (or more!) and we had some good talks about why the cross is so important to us as Catholic Christians. 
I hung them on a bulletin board which is above the piano.  They turned out nicely, don't you think?

Then, on a completely unrelated note, I just have to show you what happens when the two year old is allowed to choose her own clothes....

Little Mis-matched Eleanor!  You've gotta love the floral, green sweat-band "bracelet", Halloween striped, kitty-cat look!

God Bless!

Heather :-)


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful crosses!

    Hey, she certainly has creative juices flowing!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These really are cool! I love oil pastels and my kids use them all the time. I try to never give them crayons if I can help it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. This is actually much cuter than Family Fun's paper plate Dove craft, and I mean that!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!