Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lillian Turns 5!

Our (not so) little Lillian Regina celebrated her 5th birthday on Monday.  She is extremely excited to be a 5 year old.  Big things happen when you turn 5 in the Kraft house -  enrollment in the Bank of Kraft (allowance/having your own money), increased responsibilities/chores, and more formal (home) schooling!

We started the day off with the traditional birthday meal of monkey bread.  There was not even a morsel left over.  I think we're almost to the point of having to make two of them on these special occasions!  After that, we opened presents.
I love Lillian's enthusiasm for life!  Can you just feel her emotion and excitment?!

Madeline and Haley bought her an American Girl look-alike doll of her very own.  She was glowing to have a doll just like her big sisters!

At 9:59 a.m., we all burst into an off-tune rendition of Happy Birthday and I reminisced about how Lillian entered the world 5 years ago. 

Later on that morning, we were playing outside when Lillian came up to me with a guilty look on her face.  She said, "Mommy, I just couldn't wait.  It looked so good that I just had to have it.  It's ruined!"  She was talking about her cookie cake that her sisters decorated for her.  I went in to survey the damage and she had indeed scooped off a good amount of frosting.  We did our best to repair it and she promised not to touch it until after supper.

Lillian posing with her repaired birthday cookie cake.  Notice the collateral damage to the frosting at the bottom.  I didn't have any more white frosting to cover it up.  I think we did a fair job repairing the rest of it though!

Lillian blowing out her candles.  Notice her siblings trying to help - Eleanor barely reaching above the counter and Madeline with her arm over Joseph's mouth so that Lillian could do it on her own!

We had a nice day celebrating and giving Lillian the spot-light for the day.  I thank God for blessing me with Lillian Regina and all the challenges, joys, and love that she brings into my life.

God Bless!

Heather :-)

3 comments:

  1. How absolutely sweet! Love the picture of her and her new doll. I have a little guy who won't turn 5 until Oct, but insists I'm not telling the truth and that he really is 5 now.

    Welcome to CMO!

    PS- We LOVE monkey bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to also say, I'm following you. I'll be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty-
    I thanks for stopping by and your kind words. I'm so happy to be a part of CMO - what a wonderful resource! Enjoy your day!
    God Bless!
    Heather :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!