Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Our Happy Baby is 8 Months Old!

I know everyone says it, but where does the time go? Esther is 8 months old and her first tooth is poking through! We had to move her out of the co-sleeper and into the pack and play in our room. She’s still up 1-2 times per night for quick nursing sessions, which I know my pediatrician will tell me she doesn’t need to be doing. But, the time goes by so quickly and before I know it she’ll be sleeping through the night.


I hear many moms complain about getting up during the night, but I really try to make it a positive thing. I try to remember to thank God for the little life he’s entrusted to me, although it is the middle of the night and many times I forget to do this. That is something I am working on - finding the blessings and gifts that come from the day to day things I am called to do. Esther’s middle name is Therese which is after St. Therese of Lisieux. She is often referred to as The Little Flower. The following is one of my favorite quotes from her.

“Love proves itself by deeds, so how am I to show my love? Great deeds are forbidden me. The only way I can prove my love is by scattering flowers and these flowers are every little sacrifice, every glance and word, and the doing of the least actions for love.”

The reason I like this so much, is that I am a busy, homeschooling mother and wife. I most likely will not be called by God to do any great or heroic deeds, at least not at this point in my life. But I can do all the menial tasks during my day (and night!) with joy and love in my heart. Believe me, I do not always succeed. But looking at little Esther Therese reminds me of St. Therese and helps me to strive to imitate her life and bring myself closer to the heart of Jesus.

God Bless!

Heather :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!