Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Sunday, March 10, 2013

When A Pinterest Project Goes Bad

Sunday evenings are our Family Formation night.  We have dinner followed by our family lesson.  And to encourage (ahem...read that as bribe!) the children to be attentive to the week's lesson, we have a special treat after our week is complete.  I have seen this in a variety of places and thought it would be a fun dessert.

 



Don't those look absolutely delicious???  Well, those are NOT my photos.  I wish I would have found this blog before I tried to just "make them quick"....when will I learn?! This is how mine turned out.

Ummm...that's not what was suppose to happen!  I'm glad I put the cookie sheet underneath the muffin tin or I would have had a gooey mess on the bottom of my oven!

This is the closest thing to a "bowl" I was able to salvage!

So, we decided to have Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble Sundaes.  Hey, the glass is always half full at the Kraft house!

The children were really good sports about this.  Haley said, "Mom, those bowls would have been cool, but I think it would have been really messy to eat.  This is much better!" Man, I love that kid!

God Bless!

Heather :-)



8 comments:

  1. Guess what! I think yours looks better! For real! And I bet they tasted yummy too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and thoughtful daughter you have there :)
    Love moments like that...when your kids pick up any "broken" pieces and glue them back together with their love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So often, children are brutally honest...never sugar coating reality. It's nice when they find the silver lining in these moments! Hey, it's cookies and ice cream...how could that not be good!?!

      Delete
  3. That is too funny--yummy but funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It's nice when a kitchen disaster is still edible!

      Delete
  4. Heather, we just received the Schoenstatt email and our daughters will be at the same camp! I think they were last year too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! I told my girls that they would be at camp with Simeon's sisters and they thought that was very cool!

      Delete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!