Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Cake, cake, and more cake!

This year, our parish started an American Heritage Girls troop.  So far, it has been fabulous!  I have five daughters in the program, one at each level.  Interestingly, each of the units chose to work on the Cake Decorating badge this fall.  We have been swimming in cake, cupcakes, frosting and sprinkles these past few weeks.  The girls are loving it and learning a bunch.  Here are a few pictures of them in action.

Lillian's unit working on decorating techniques.

The Pioneer/Patriots working on creating a tiered cake.

Madeline feeling a little hurried to get her cake done!

Lillian's assignment - cut a sheet cake into a shape and decorate it.

Voila! A Christmas tree cake!

Madeline and Haley working on mixing up icing for the gingerbread houses.

Working to get the pieces to stick together.

Haley working with some of the Tenderhearts to decorate their gingerbread trees.

Madeline got to work with little sister Esther - so much fun!

Eleanor's unit worked with fondant and icing to create a snowman cupcake - so cute!

And what do the boys do, you ask? They hang out in the nursery and make HUGE block towers!
 
Looking back, I'm disappointed in how few pictures I took of all the decorating that has been going on.  I am the troop coordinator and end up running around most of the meeting time.  I need to get in the habit of carrying my phone with me to snap more pictures of the action!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!