Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Monday, November 2, 2015

When the Saints Go Marching In!

Our parish holds a huge All Saints' Day celebration on October 31st.  It's a neat thing. All the children, some teens, and even a few adults dress as a saint and process into Mass to the tune of "When the Saints Go Marching In."  Following Mass, there is a hot dog meal, games and prizes throughout the building and a Magic show to wrap things up.  Todd and I have been in charge the past two years.  We truly enjoy serving the parish in this ministry!

Madeline dressed as Saint Bernadette.

Haley dressed as Saint Dymphna.

Joseph dressed as Saint Joseph.

Lillian dressed as Saint Rose of Lima.

Eleanor dressed as Saint Kateri Tekawitha.

Esther dressed as Saint Helen.

Peter dressed as Saint Juan Diego.

Although not dressed as saints, I figured this glow in the dark skeleton costume wouldn't cause Benj to overheat and had not pieces for him to take off and lose throughout the evening. I had my skeleton shirt on as well, so we matched!

All Saints' Day 2015 - check!  My mom was here to visit and helped keep an eye on "the runners" (that would be Peter and Benjamin) during the party so Todd and I could make sure things were running smoothly.  The other kids all buddied up with siblings and friends and had a fabulous evening.

God Bless!

Heather :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!