Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Great Peg Doll Exchange of 2015!

About a month ago, I was lucky enough to be included in a MASSIVE Saint Peg Doll exchange.  Perhaps you've seen the Saint Peg Doll thing on Catholic Icing? One insanely organized mom in my home school co-op organized a similar event with 41 ladies.  Yes, you read that correctly - 41!!!  That is a lot of peg dolls!

I enlisted the help of Madeline and Haley in painting our saint - St. Kateri Tekawitha.  They did a remarkable job!  I helped a bit, but mostly just let them do their thing.  The really cool thing is that after painting 41 of one saint, after the exchange, we now have 41 different saints.  Totally cool!

Here is the hostess lining up all the dolls prior to the exchange.

Another table of dolls (that's our St. Kateri on the near corner!)

More dolls on the kitchen counter!

There were saint dolls everywhere!

The children were so excited to "meet" them all once I got home.

You want to know the really crazy part of this whole thing?  We're doing it again!  Yes, we've enlisted 20 crazy ladies willing to do this one more time!  I do think that painting 20 dolls will be a little more do-able than the 41.  We're doing Saint Maximilian Kolbe.  I don't know how we're going to make him into a peg doll yet, but we'll come up with something.

Have you ever done a peg doll exchange?  It is great fun and totally worth all the work you put into it (especially if you know an amazingly gifted woman who can organize it all for you!).

God Bless!

Heather :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!