Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Monday, March 9, 2015

Back in the Saddle

I'm so far behind here! I've been putting off doing a blog post because I just don't know where to begin. So, I'm going to pretend like I have been posting regularly and just show you what we've been up to the past few weeks.



Benjamin Thomas is 9 1/2 months old. He has 5 teeth, with a sixth coming through.  He is sitting, pushing himself up, and just started to crawl a bit.  He loves attention and gets plenty of it from his siblings.

Peter just turned 3!  He is working hard to keep up with all his older sisters and brother.  He still loves his blue blanket and carries it around like Linus. He is starting to talk more, but we continue to work on deciphering what he wants throughout the day.

Where would I be without the help of my older children?  Haley and Madeline are great assistants and are always willing to help me out.

I am always amazed at the different ways the children find to avoid doing school work.  Lillian set up a salon for Eleanor and Esther and gave them makeovers.  How could I possibly get upset with her and make her do school when they were playing so nicely?

Eleanor and Esther have been a bit obsessed with puzzles lately.  Of course, Peter tries to "help" which never really ends well.  These two girls, when left uninterrupted by 3 year old brothers, can knock out a puzzle in no time!

Madeline found a recipe for microwave eggs and has us all hooked.  Joseph even makes his own every morning.  Now we just need to work on doing dishes!

Joseph takes his big brother responsibility seriously.  He's making sure that Benjamin understands how to race cars!

Madeline is still crocheting away when she has time as her school work is taking up more and more of her day.  She made this Olaf for a friend's birthday gift. Didn't it turn out well!?!



Madeline and Haley needed some pictures for a school project, so they headed outside with the camera and came back with some neat (and some weird!) photos.

Todd also celebrated another birthday. He wanted to go out to eat at a non-fast food restaurant. So, the family went out to eat at Perkins which, overall, went pretty well.  Happy Birthday, Todd!

And, I cannot find a picture that has me in it...so, you'll just have to imagine that I look about the same as last time, minus the big baby belly.

There you have it.  I will be blogging more often, hopefully.  Leave me a comment so that I know anyone still looks at this.

God Bless!

Heather :-)





7 comments:

  1. I cannot be more impressed by the Olaf!
    It is hard to make kids stop playing so nicely to make them get back to work. Clever children...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in! Yes, I am constantly amazed by their little minds!

      Delete
  2. Sooo happy to see you here!
    I enjoyed catching up with you and your lovely family. : )
    Have a cozy evening, and hope to read more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I was JUST thinking about you the other day. Seriously. And then this pops up in my feed. So happy to see how y'all are doing. And everyone is growing up!! How is the house situation? Are you still renting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are building a house and closing in April!!! We are so excited. I plan to be catching you all up on what's happening soon. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Loved seeing everyone and enjoyed the update! Always wishing you and your family well!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!