Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Monday, January 21, 2013

Wisconsin Dells - Winter 2013

We spent last week in Wisconsin Dells at the Wilderness Resort. Grandma Pam joined us for the week. We also met two other families there and had an absolute blast!  Here are a few photos of our week.

Grandma snapped a photo of us all ready to hit the Wild Water Dome!

Peter and Haley chillin' in the baby pool.

Joseph really enjoys being the "caller" for Bingo night!

One of the groups marking their cards and waiting to call out - BINGO!

The indoor ropes course was a new addition this year.  The children really enjoyed this...Grandma even had to try it out!

There are two indoor mini-golf courses.

Joseph's favorite location...the arcade!

Haley and Madeline dancin', dancin', dancin'!

Once we got back home, the children didn't want Grandma to leave!

This was our third visit to the Wilderness Resort and we're already looking forward to our vacation next winter.  Because everything is attached through indoor walkways, it doesn't matter how cold it is outside which makes it a perfect January vacation destination.  We arrived on Sunday afternoon and departed on Friday morning and avoided any major crowds.  The downside of off-season vacationing, however, is that the resort is not running at 100% capacity.  Our favorite water park was closed all week, but there was still plenty to keep us occupied.

Today we hit the books and tried to get back into our routine.  It's always hard to come back to reality, but we had a decent day and got most of our work completed.

Do you have any winter get-aways planned?  I'd love to hear about them!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great place!! (especially the part of not having to go outside in the cold!! My inlaws brought the kids and Tom (I stayed home with the at the time, 2 year old) a few years ago, in November, (to WI Dells) and they had a really good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I do enjoy our family vacation, time at home with just one child sounds nice too! You should go sometime - it's a blast!

      Delete
    2. This was the only time I'd ever opted to not go anywhere...so I stayed home and I also had never been alone with just one like that, since well, I'd had only one! I have to say, it was one of the best weekends I've ever had!! To have that time with her, it was just so fun. I also got used to the quiet and well, it was just nice. Of course I missed everyone.

      I told my husband about this place and we bookmarked it, looks like a great place!

      Uh, OK, after reading your comment on my blog, I had to come back and sure enough in the 4th picture is people I KNOW!!!! Wow, what a small world! Maybe that betters our chances of meeting someday? :) (they are a wonderful family!) Lisa brought me like 10 meals all at once last spring, even gluten free stuff (I was gluten free for Simeon for about 4-5 mos)She's amazing!

      Delete
    3. Agreed - Lisa is amazing! They are a super family and we feel blessed to call them friends. Perhaps our paths will cross someday!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a wonderful time, Heather. Glad you all had fun! Have a wonderful day! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful! I'm so glad that you all had this opportunity. And it sounds so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. And having grandma come along makes it that much better!

      Delete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!