Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Monday, August 6, 2012

Dropping the Ball

I realize that I have totally dropped the ball on this blog lately.  I have a dozen or so REALLY interesting blog posts formulated in my mind...at least they seem fabulous at 2 am when I am up with Peter.  Then I'll sit down and blankly stare at the computer screen the next day struggling to put together a coherent sentence. 

Peter seems to be regressing rather than progressing in the area of sleep.  He's been up every 2-3 hours each night to nurse and then staying up for an hour or two in the early morning hours.  He also hasn't pooped in a week.  He's passing plenty of gas, so I'm sure that the system is working as it should.  I checked in with our pediatrician about it today and she reassured me that he's probably just getting so much nutrition out of the breast milk that there isn't much waste left to pass through to his diaper.  I've got him started back on some probiotics to help out his tummy.  Hopefully there will be some pooping soon as I think that he does have a bit of a tummy ache.

So what have I been up to during the daylight hours?  The children finished up all of their projects to enter into the county fair and we dropped them off tonight.  As a homeschooling family, it is nice to have a place to display their work and it is great incentive to complete any "almost finished" projects!  I'll let you know how it goes in the judging later on in the week.

VBS started today and it is awesome!  This year's theme is the Luminous Mysteries.  Each day is devoted to learning about one mystery...how cool is that?!?  The down side is that it is at the church that's 50 miles away, so it is a trek to get there.  And when mommy isn't sleeping much it makes the drive feel that much longer!

We had a super successful winter with our crafting business which means we need to replenish our supplies before the fall craft show season is upon us.  Todd and I have been plugging away each evening and are slowly getting our storage bins filled again. 

And did I mention that we re-listed our house?  Yes, we're trying this one more time.  The market has picked up a bit and houses in our neighborhood are selling.  We're praying that it sells and for the graces we need to get through the added stress of having our home on the market, showings, open houses, etc.

Oh my...there's Peter again.  Sorry for the lack of any creativity on this post - just sending out a quick update.

God Bless!

Heather :-)



4 comments:

  1. I saw Mary Minor tonight, and she mentioned she saw you at VBS. I'm glad it's going well. Be careful on the road....I have a heck of a time staying awake when I drive long distances because of the lack of sleep. I'll keep you all in prayer.:) We're also praying for your house to sell! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I met Mary and she seems like a lovely gal. I'm trying to get to bed early this week and am taking cat naps wherever they fit. Thanks for your prayers. I'll keep you posted on any progress.

      Delete
  2. That VBS sounds great. I read on someone else blogging about it as well. Too bad it is so far away. I totally understand how tired you are and how that long drive seems even longer. I will pray that baby lets mommy get some more sleep this week!! Looking forward to seeing the results of the projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always great to find an update when I check your blog! Prayers for a good night of sleep and some sweet dreams at your house tonight!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!