Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Thursday, July 19, 2012

14 Years of Wedded Bliss

July 18, 1998
Todd and I celebrated 14 years of marriage yesterday.  I honestly cannot believe how quickly that many years can fly by!  I remember being 14 years old (which doesn't seem all that long ago) and now I've been married that long!  It's funny how I still picture myself looking the way I do in that photograph above.  And then I take a closer look and realize that there are wrinkles, grey hairs, and a few extra pounds of padding in various places on my body.  Do you ever catch yourself visualizing a younger you?

We have grown so much over these past 14 years.  We mentor engaged couples through our church and have ample opportunity to reflect on where we started out, assess where we currently are, and visualize where we want to be.  Through God's grace, we'll get there together!

And of course there are the children...all 7 of them!  Todd asked me yesterday if I ever imagined we'd have 7 children in 14 years.  We both wanted a large family, but didn't really know what large meant.  I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to raise these children to give glory and honor to God.  I am truly enjoying the people that they are becoming.  It is fun to watch their personalities emerge and see their talents develop.  I am excited to see what the future holds for each of them.

It is good to take a step back occasionally and count my blessings.  Living in the trenches of mothering many, I sometimes feel overwhelmed and focus only on what I didn't get done or did poorly.  I must remember to let go and let God work His graces through me. Today is one of those days.  I feel so tremendously blessed to be living my life with my best friend and all of our children.  I pray that God will bless us with many more years together and eternity in Heaven.

God Bless!

Heather :-)