Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Random Words of Kindness

The past few days have been a challenge for me.  I have mentioned that I enjoy being pregnant...and I do.  However, with increased blood volume and lots of extra weight (take my word for it, A LOT!), it was really just a matter of time before something gave out on me.  This Sunday, it was my hemorrhoids.  I've spent the past 3 days trying to find time to soak in a hot tub, sit on ice packs, stay off my feet, drink water, eat fiber, and use any cream/ointments that I have at my disposal.  I consider myself to be pretty tough.  I don't complain much and have a relatively high tolerance for pain.  But the past 3 days have pushed me close to my breaking point.

So now you know my frame of mind as I was slowly waddling around Sam's Club tonight with the family. We were out of a bunch of stuff and ran there with five of the children while our eldest was at dance class.  I was reading nutrition labels on the breads (looking for high fiber content, you know!) when a young, smiling woman approached me.  She looked at me and said, "You are the most beautiful pregnant woman I've ever seen!"  I'm not making this up!  I replied, "You have no idea how much I needed to hear that today."  I thanked her for her kindness and wished her a good evening.

Kind words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. ~Proverbs 16:24~

What an effect that brief conversation had on my outlook.  I know that our good God prompted her to comment and I am grateful that she responded.  I was in need of some positive energy and she provided it with her smile and sweet words.

If you ever have a random, positive thought about someone while out running errands, please take time to share it with them.  I know that it's putting yourself out there, and that is beyond many people's comfort zones.  There is no guarantee what their response will be, but you may just have the words that they've been longing to hear.


God Bless!

Heather :-)

3 comments:

  1. You just brought a big smile to my face! Praise God that He brought you sweet comfort, just when you needed it most. Have you seen this article? I have been paying it forward to all of the Mamas I know since it is just what we all need to hear:) God bless you, beautiful lady:)
    http://www.integratedcatholiclife.org/2012/01/thomas-stay-at-home-mom-blues/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Tiffany wrote! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank God that there have always been those random wonderful moments during rough pregnant days. God bless that loving woman! And can I just say how excited I am to "meet" your newest blessing. :) Hang in there, pretty mama!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!