Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ultrasound Photos

We had our 20 week ultrasound last week.  After careful consideration, Todd and I decided to bring the whole family along.  After all, if we're going to be pro-life, we need to show folks what it is like to have a large family.  We prepped the children and talked extensively about our expectations for their behavior.  They were all fabulously behaved.  Esther and Eleanor took a little bribing (Dum-dum suckers did the trick!) but were remarkably quiet and still.

We decided that we wanted to find out the gender of our baby. Joseph would need some time to adjust to the idea of yet another sister if that was the case.  We all patiently waited as the technician took all the necessary measurements.  After about 10 minutes, she asked if we were ready to know.  I replied, "Only if you're absolutely sure."  She smiled at me as the room became absolutely silent. "It's a boy!" she exclaimed and then proved it to me with the ultrasound image.  I don't think Joseph quit smiling that whole day!  He called each set of grandparents to share the news and has told even random strangers about his new baby brother.

I was thinking about this...I'm pregnant with a boy.  It's been a long time since I carried a boy.  Joseph will be 8 years old in just another week.  I've been much more tired and nauseous this time around, but that may just be because I'm older and busier with more children.  Who knows?

The house is buzzing with talk about the baby.  What shall we name him?  Who will he look like?  And most importantly in the minds of the children - Who gets to sit next to him in the van? We are all so anxious to meet him! 




I appreciate all of your prayers and well wishes.  Please continue to pray for the health of our baby Gyver and for a safe delivery this February/March.

God Bless!

Heather :-)

6 comments:

  1. Ahh! Congratulations!! I bet Joseph was very happy and proud. You know, I have been so much sicker and more tired with this one, too. I keep saying it is age, but is it?! We have had some of the same conversations (even the van seating one!)You continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Hello beautiful baby! Thank you for sharing him with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A boy...how exciting! What perfect and beautiful ultrasound photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on that beautiful baby boy! I carry special prayers for all prego mamas, especially in the bloggy world. God bless you and your family who continue to witness life and Christ's love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so exciting! I can't wait to tell all our kids. They'll be so happy for all of you...especially Joseph!:) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!