Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Sunday, July 10, 2011

When I Grow Up...

I was snuggling Eleanor (age 3 1/2) today after her nap. 

We were rocking in the chair in her room and I said, "What do you think God's plan is for you?  What will you do when you're all grown up?" 

She didn't say anything, so I prompted with, "Maybe a mommy, or a teacher, or a doctor, or..." 

She thought for a moment and said, "A saint, mommy.  I think that God would most like me to be a saint." 

I was flabbergasted at the response. 

I said, "How wonderful, Eleanor.  You're right.  Isn't that what God wants from all of us!"  I gave her a hug and a kiss and we continued to rock in silence for a few minutes. 

Breaking the silence, my little saint in training added, "And a fairy mom...with wings!"



Enjoy your week - go give your little saints a big hug!

God Bless!

Heather :-)