Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Sunday, July 10, 2011

When I Grow Up...

I was snuggling Eleanor (age 3 1/2) today after her nap. 

We were rocking in the chair in her room and I said, "What do you think God's plan is for you?  What will you do when you're all grown up?" 

She didn't say anything, so I prompted with, "Maybe a mommy, or a teacher, or a doctor, or..." 

She thought for a moment and said, "A saint, mommy.  I think that God would most like me to be a saint." 

I was flabbergasted at the response. 

I said, "How wonderful, Eleanor.  You're right.  Isn't that what God wants from all of us!"  I gave her a hug and a kiss and we continued to rock in silence for a few minutes. 

Breaking the silence, my little saint in training added, "And a fairy mom...with wings!"



Enjoy your week - go give your little saints a big hug!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

4 comments:

  1. Love it! This age is one of my absolute favorites; the combination of innocence, energy and candor is totally adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write that one down Mommy, or print out your blog page. That is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little blessing you received, Heather! I just love what comes out of the mouths of those precious babes...They're the voices of angels just when we need it the most!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!