Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Friday, July 8, 2011

Baked Potatoes in the Crockpot?! You Betcha!


The other morning I was still in bed planning out our day and got to the point of our meals.  I wanted to have baked potatoes, but didn't want to heat up the house with the oven for an hour and a half.  I was planning on making BBQ ribs in the crock pot when it occurred to me, "Couldn't I bake potatoes in the crock pot?"  I ran to the computer to google it, and sure enough it could be done.

I scrubbed the potatoes, poked them with a fork (could it really explode if I skipped this step?), sprayed them with canola oil, and wrapped them in foil.  They were all on the medium/large side which is key - keep them all the same size or some will be overdone and others not quite done.  I put them in on low heat for 5 hours and they turned out perfectly!

Many of you are probably a little more on the ball than I am and have done this already.  I, however, am still marveling at this fantastic method of baking potatoes and can't wait to do it again!

Enjoy your weekend - possibly with baked potatoes added to your favorite summertime meal!

God Bless!

Heather :-)

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea, Heather! I am always looking for new crock pot ideas, not to heat up the house;D Thanks for sharing. I was also looking at your family formation stuff and have never heard of that. Where have I been? It's a little pricey to start but seems worth it...I am always amazed at the never-ending new things to discover with our faith! God is good:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this idea!!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!