Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Weight-ing Game

I know this is going to sound so stereotypically female, but I could really stand to lose about 10 pounds.  I was just about exactly where I wanted to be (within 3 pounds) when I got pregnant.  Then I put on 7 first trimester pounds, only to go through the miscarriage.  So, I have the baby weight to lose without the baby to console me. 

I have gained anywhere from 30 to 60 pounds during any of my 6 full-term pregnancies, and the weight always comes off.  It's just that it is getting harder as my body ages.  The older children occupy my days and the little ones tend to take up much of my nights.  I don't eat as well as I should and I don't get nearly enough exercise.  As most of my readers are moms, this is nothing new to any of you.

So, what's a happy mom to do?  I decided this week that I've had enough.  I need to feel better about myself and that happens when the weight comes off.  I am committed to the Slim Fast plan for the next 2 weeks and then I'll reassess where I'm at.  Slim Fast has a line of yummy meal bars that I prefer to their shakes.  They stick with me and are sweet to take care of my sweet tooth.  I'm also trying to get at least 30 minutes of cardio exercise in each day.  I need to get rid of my "if I can't have at least an hour, it's not worth it" attitude. 

I recently read a post over at Blossoming Joy on this very topic.  Funny how this is something that seems to affect all mommies at one time or another.  I relate to everything - especially my rotating wardrobe of maternity and post-pregnancy clothing with some "regular" clothes that get worn in between.  You should check it out.

I'll keep you posted on my progress as I'm sure you all can hardly wait to find out - can you read the sarcasm there?!  I do think that it is so important for us to encourage each other, though.  Typically, moms just do the commiserate thing and nothing good comes of that.  We need to hold each other accountable so that we can be good and healthy examples for our children. (OK, I'm off my soap box as I need to bring Haley to guitar)

God Bless!

Heather :-)

2 comments:

  1. It is so important to have people around us cheering us on. That makes all the difference sometimes. Accountability!!! Keep posting your successes and challenges and I'll keep walking with you... we're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happened to me this time. I found out my thryoid went way out of control. I FINALLY have it under control and hope with more activity (warm weather) it will aid in the assistance. Definitely age has made a big difference this time. I never had an issue with losing and since I've turned 40, it only gets harder :) I encourage all the way, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!