Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Sunday was a wonderful day.  We went to Mass on Saturday evening which allowed plenty of time for the children to give me breakfast in bed.  I'm not sure why, but that is the ultimate treat in their minds.  So, I had a yummy banana-nut muffin and fresh fruit.  Then (still in my pj's) I headed downstairs for their gifts.  They had decorated the wrapping paper themselves with drawings and messages which were just as fabulous as the gifts inside.

The best part of this photo is how Lillian has her arm lovingly around her brother's shoulder!
After gifts, I headed back up to my room for some exercise on the elliptical machine.  I figured I'd really need it after all the food they had planned out for me! 

The afternoon was filled with a long nap.  Then I mixed up some pizza dough for supper and was banished to my room so that they could finish it and set the table.  This is what greeted me when I was summoned back downstairs.

Can you see that I even have a crown?
It was a rainy, dreary day that cleared up in the evening.  So, we headed outside to play.  Much to the delight of the children, I decided to jump on the trampoline.

Yeah, that's me doing the crazy jump. And, no, I did not land on any of the children!
Then we came back inside and had dessert.  This was not the best day for my resolution to lose weight, but I figured it was worth it!

Dairy Queen ice cream cake - YUM!
I think the best part of the day was that we had no plans.  We just hung out and enjoyed each other.  I really enjoyed how the children went out of their way to let me know that they appreciated all that I did for them.  That can be the most difficult part of the day to day life of a mom - feeling unappreciated or under appreciated.  So, when I begin to feel that way, I'll just look back at this post and remember my wonderful day.

God Bless!

Heather :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful mother's day! You look great BTW, don't see the need for weight loss :)

    I love the picture of you sitting on the floor with the kiddos, right in the mix of it. I loved my home made cards the best!!! Little man even made me three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patty. You know how it is about a gal's weight. I'm a short one and 10 pounds makes a world of difference in whether or not my clothes fit.

    Lucky you - 3 cards from your little Stan! We really do have it good, huh? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!