Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Our School Day and Read Across America

We had a relaxed school day today.  We did our math, religion and memory work and then found comfy places around the house to relax and read.  Madeline saw in a magazine that today is Read Across America Day, so we decided to spend a little extra time with a good book.  I also started an extra read-aloud with the big girls that I didn't think we'd have time to fit in.  We got the first 3 chapters read and the girls really like it! (Becky Landers: Frontier Warrior)
 Haley and Joseph turned the swimming pool on its side for their comfy place to read and relax.  Haley is reading the Junior Classic version of Little Women (a little intimidated by the "real" book!).  Joseph is working his way through the Boxcar Children series.  He's on book 6 and is totally enjoying them.
 
Madeline curled up on an over sized chair with her book - Little Women.  We're reading it together as our first book in our Mommy/Daughter Book Club - she's so excited to be reading such a "grown up" book and have me read it with her.  It's so much fun!

So, what am I reading?  Of course, I am slowly reading through Little Women along with Madeline.  This is the first time I have read the book (embarrassing to admit, but true!) and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I am happy that Madeline chose this book for us to read together.

I am also reading Beloved and Blessed by Kimberly Hahn as part of a bible/book study which I am a part of.  It is the third book in the series and so far is my favorite.  She is a very knowledgeable woman who I have a good deal of respect for...it's so valuable to read, reflect, and then discuss with the other ladies in my group.
Thirdly, I am reading The Story of a Soul.  I am really connecting with St. Therese and am so moved by the profound impact that her mother and father's love had on her development.  It is really challenging me to love my children more deeply and to make sure that they feel that unconditional love that I have in my heart for each one of them.
Eleanor and Lillian are beginning to play together much better...not so much yelling and fighting.  Lillian kind of rigged this game of Candyland, but Eleanor was none the wiser, so it all turned out good!
 
There were a lot of other details that filled out our day, but I won't bore you with those.  Hope that you all had a great day!

God Bless!

Heather :-)


1 comment:

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!