Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Super Pooper

Esther didn't poop for almost the first week of her life.  I had done this new baby thing 5 times before and didn't think that this was normal.  So, I phoned the nurse line and asked.  She said not to worry about it and this sometimes happens with breastfed babies.  She gave me some ideas of how to "stimulate" a bowel movement and I hung up the phone.  I remember praying that everything was okay with her digestive system and that she would start pooping.  Well, God really answered that prayer!  She started filling her diapers the next morning, and hasn't stopped since.

Tonight, I was getting the little girls out of the tub and into jammies.  Joseph was in the bathroom watching Esther and he yells, "EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!  Mom, she pooped in the tub!"  I got her out, rinsed her off, got her dressed, scrubbed the tub, and put the tub toys in a bleach water solution....such fun!  In her 17 months, that girl has pooped in the tub more times than all her siblings combined.  It's turning into an almost weekly occurrence.  I guess she just relaxes in the tub.

I got all the other kids to bed and it was just me and Esther.  We sat in the chair to read stories and she snuggled me.  I was thinking how funny it is that I can go from cleaning up poop (one of the more disgusting parts of my job) to being snuggled by a freshly bathed child (does it get any better?).  This journey of motherhood truly is amazing!

God Bless!

Heather :-)
Reading with Esther - one of my favorite things!


1 comment:

  1. LOL I think you are right about it relaxing them. I had a baby brother that would have to go poop everytime we took him swimming. Praise God that he always made it to the potty in time:)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!