Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Natural Family Planning (NFP) Awareness Week Coming Up


This is the poster that the USCCB put together for NFP Awareness Week this year which runs from July 25-31.  I like it and think the word "trust" being front and center may just cause people to think. Trusting that God has a plan for your family and trying to be open and receptive to what He wants rather than what you want can be a very difficult thing.  Trust in the sovereignty of God and submission to His will is something that doesn't come easy, as least not for me.  Many times, my children will question me and my response is, "Just trust me."  If I, as an imperfect parent, invoke my children to put their trust in me, then I must have that same type of relationship with God who is the perfect parent of us all.

Learning NFP was probably the best thing that we did in preparation for our marriage.  It has been such a wonderful tool to open up communication between Todd and me, especially in regards to our family size.  We have come to realize that children are a gift from God and if God wants to give us a gift, who are we to refuse that precious package? 

Aside from communication, NFP users have a less than 5% divorce rate.  Compare that to the 50% divorce rate of non-NFP users and you have to think there's something good happening in the marriages of those NFP couples that isn't happening with the others.

In our "go green" culture, it amazes me that the ill-effects of birth control hormones aren't given the negative press they deserve.  Most people don't give a second thought to what happens to the artificial hormones ingested each month when they are excreted through urine.  Well, what is happening is that they are ending up in our water sources.  It sounds yucky, but we're in effect drinking all the hormones that are flushed down the toilet.  I wonder if this has anything to do with how early girls are starting to develop and reach puberty?  The chemicals are also being found in ponds, streams and other water areas where they are adversely affecting the development and growth of fish and frogs.  Some of the fish and frogs have actually been found to have both male and female reproductive organs due to the high levels of artificial hormones found in the animals' habitats.

You can probably tell that I am pretty passionate about NFP.  I really could go on and on, but it's my bedtime! :-)  So, here are a few websites for you to look at if you'd like more information.  Or just google NFP and you'll find more sites than you could possibly read.



God Bless!

Heather :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!