Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Thankful

I have long admired Jamie and all of her Thankful posts.  I read them and think how nice it is that she takes the time to document all that she has to be thankful for and think, I really should do that, and then don't. It seems that I am dealing more and more with children who are not seeing all that they have and tend to be focusing on all the "stuff" they want....soooooo, I figured perhaps it may be my lack of example in praising the Good God for all that we do have.

In no particular order, here are a few of the many, many things that I am thankful for!

I am thankful for being 26 1/2 weeks pregnant with an almost 2 year old and 4 year old who still think they are my babies!

So thankful for the family vacation we took a few weeks back to Wisconsin Dells.  We had fun in the indoor water parks, went bowling, played games and shared all this fun with another family we brought along with us!

Thankful for this big sister who helped out a pregnant momma by going on the water slides with her daring little brother!

Thankful for this big brother who puts his little brother down for nap time!



Thankful for a $2 box of Fruit Loops and the hours of entertainment it has brought for the younger girls in the house.  I mean, all of the stringing practice to develop their fine motor skills! :-)

Thankful for messages written in the snow!

Thankful for the snowy hill in our yard that the children built a "bob sled" track on.  They love sledding and then coming in for hot chocolate with marshmallows!

Thankful for little boys and remote control trains.  The best part is the "choo-choo" sounds he makes while driving this Thomas the Train all over the kitchen.

Thankful for my crafty girls. This is Madeline modeling one of the hats she has crocheted and has for sale in her etsy shop.   More to come on that in a later post!

Thankful for birthday celebrations with friends!  My wonderful husband celebrated a birthday last week and we had some friends over for supper and Dairy Queen ice cream cake - a perfect evening!

Thankful for little boys who think they are big boys. Peter will eat just about anything as long as it is not cut into "baby bites".  He prefers to push a chair up to the island, pick it up whole, and chow down!

Thankful for big sisters who spoil their baby brother.  I left to run a few errands and came home to find this picture on my camera.  Madeline and Haley got Peter his blanket, a bowl of M&M's and mini-marshmallows, and put Thomas the Train on television.  That boy has quite the life, don't you think?

This really is just the tip of the iceberg.  I am going to try and do this more often and really focus on all that I have been blessed with.

Have a blessed week and remember to take some time to count all of your blessings!

Heather :-)

13 comments:

  1. Heather, I'm visiting from Jamie's blog. Lady, you look great! All pregnant mommas do but you really do. Since I don't know you from Eve, I at first thought you just had the two little ones until I scrolled further and see much older girls. So I just had to say how good you look with that brood around you. :)

    Water parks in winter are THE best. Big sisters and brothers helping out even better. That hat your daughter crocheted is pretty snazzy - awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, your blog is so cute. I love your little tag line up to. Pro-Life * Pro-Marriage * Pro-Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and all of your kind words. Have a blessed day! :-)

      Delete
  3. Heather!!! Thank you for linking up! This was awesome!

    You did a great job, I loved seeing all the kiddos! They have grown up so much!! And this is your new house, right? I got to see parts of it!

    You do look beautiful. I hope you are feeling good? (I never feel good when pregnant)

    I cannot believe your sweet little baby went down the water slide!! Wow, he's a daring one! Not sure if Simeon would or not...

    The girls are looking so pretty and so much like you!
    I so hope we get to see each other this summer.

    Thanks for linking up, God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is our new house...for the next year anyhow. We are renting and figuring out what to do next. Todd is looking into building. We do love the area we are in!

      I feel pretty good. There are the litany of pregnancy related "issues" but nothing I can't deal with.

      Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  4. So enjoyed this, Heather!
    I enjoyed getting to know your sweet family better.
    You look wonderful, my friend. : )
    Have a cozy evening...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all snuggled up on the couches watching the Olympics! Thanks for checking in and commenting!

      Delete
  5. What a great list of Thankfuls! I always enjoy Jamie's lists and have joined a few times, but definitely need to do it again.
    Hope you had a wonderful weekend and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking the time to really appreciate all that we've been blessed with is important, but often gets put off until later, doesn't it.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. So wonderful! I have to say, I hadn't seen Madeline and Peter in a long time and they both have grown so much! Madeline is sure a beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have not been all that good about posting regularly. I'm trying to get better at that!

      I just printed off your Baked Spaghetti recipe...looks delicious!

      Delete
  7. Loved this post, and all the pics of everyone! You certainly do have so much to be thankful for!! Take care -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you! Hope that you are all doing well and enjoying this long, snowy winter!

      Delete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!