Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Krafty Kids - 7 Quick Takes

We've been on "Baby Break" for 2 weeks now.  We are doing a bit of Math so that the children don't regress too much and at least an hour of reading time.  But that still leaves a lot of day time hours to fill.  All of the children are working on various projects.  We've got extra tables set up to accommodate three latch hook kits in the sun room.  The littles are cutting, pasting, and coloring up a storm...not to mention the hours of play-dough at the kitchen table. 

And then there's my Madeline.  She has really gotten into crocheting this past year.  Each trip to the library is spent browsing crochet books and magazines.  Her favorite Christmas gift this year was the Crochet-A-Day calendar that is full of projects for her to tackle.  I thought I'd share with you some of her most recent creations.

(1) Peter's Slippers
She made these in anticipation of his birth and we wondered whether or not his feet would really be that tiny.  They fit like a glove.

(2) Peter's Hammer
This is stuffed with fluff and crinkle material so that it is soft and makes a crinkle noise when squeezed.  She also put some jingle bells in the head of the hammer to make it a kind of rattle.  He's not all that interested in it yet, but I'm sure it will be a favorite toy in the near future!

(3) Peter's Hat and Cocoon
 
This was also made before he was born.  The hat is getting plenty of use, but the cocoon is more of a photo prop.  Adorable!

(4) Play Mice
I don't know if Peter will ever get to play with these, as his older sisters have claimed them.

(5) Hat...uh, make that a Basket
This pattern for a hat didn't work out as planned, so she made a handle and turned it into a basket.  She has plans of crocheting little animals for the little kids to give them for Easter.

(6) Roller Coaster Scarf
This scarf was made all in one day!  It's two shades of green, so it will be the perfect accessory to wear on St. Patrick's Day.

(7) Head Band with Bow

Madeline found this pattern on Wednesday and already has six crocheted in various colors.  I'll bring them along with me to the Hearts at Home Conference and see if they sell.  They are super cute, don't you think?!

I know I need to post about Peter's birth and post some newer photos.  It's coming.  Life has gotten busier with Peter's arrival and he loves to be held....and I love to hold him.  Babies just don't stay babies for long.  I am enjoying holding him and watching his siblings gush all over him.  Life is good!

I'm linking over to 7 Quick Takes - head on over to read more quick takes.

God Bless!

Heather :-)







6 comments:

  1. It's all wonderful! I'd love to buy a couple of Madeline's bows if that's possible! Let me know if she's willing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely...Madeline is giddy that someone wants to buy her work! I'll e-mail you the colors. Thanks - you totally made Madeline's week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you are doing well, Heather...Been thinking about you and that sweet new baby. Good to see you pop up to say hello. Your dear Madeline is glowing as she uses her beautiful gifts and talents. She has created some lovely things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm a fellow crocheter and i can attest to the awesomeness of madeline's creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a few of your items at the Hearts at Home conference over the weekend...I bought a boo boo pack and those small crocheted things that you can use to wipe counters, etc...I have used them all already and love them! My daughter took a bad fall last night and that pack came in really handy...look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiffany-
    Thanks for your prayers. I've been in need of them...the new mom tiredness had sure affected me this go-round!

    Jen-
    Thanks for your kind words about Madeline's work. It put a huge smile on her face!

    Jessi-
    Sorry to hear that you needed the boo-boo bag so soon! Glad that you're happy with what you bought from me. I'll add your name into the drawing for the happy mom t-shirt :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!