Looking for somthing you once saw here?

Friday, July 16, 2010

Pancakes for Dinner

It can be tricky finding something that all of us enjoy eating. It just so happens that all the children will eat pancakes, and some of them quite enthusiastically! Each week, we have a breakfast for dinner night.  Tonight was pancake night at the Kraft house.

Instead of buying a pancake mix from the store, I make my own. I guess I should be honest and say that I have one of the kids make it! This time, Haley volunteered to measure out the ingredients into ziplock bags. We make about 8-10 packages at a time. This way, when pancake night rolls around, all I have to do is take out a ziplock bag of premeasured ingredients, add the wet ingredients, and cook them up….couldn’t be easier!


Put these dry ingredients into a ziplock bag:
1 Cup White Flour, 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour, 2 Tbsp sugar, 4 tsp baking powder, and a dash of cinnamon.

On pancake night, beat together 2 eggs. Then add 1/4 cup oil and 1 3/4 cup milk and mix well. I also shred an apple (core it, but keep the skin on for the fiber) and mix it all together. We also add a few mini-chocolate chips just for fun. Then cook them on a griddle as you normally would.  We always have sausage along with the 'cakes.

So easy and super yummy!
Eleanor loves her pancakes!

We have other breakfast for dinner recipes that I'll share later.

God Bless!

Heather :-)


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing! :) My 8 year old would probably even like helping me with this project! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking. I'd love to hear from you!